Essay topics: Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archaeologists discovered such a "Palean" basket in Lithos, an ancient village across the Brim River from Palea. The Brim River is very deep and broad, and so the ancient Paleans could have crossed it only by boat, and no Palean boats have been found. Thus it follows that the so-called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean.
The article that is given strongly express the idea that woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern is not uniquely Palean’s based on the discovery of the “Palean” basket in Lithos, which is at the other side of the deep, broad river. However, there are some logical misconstrue to make such conclusion.
The article mentioned that there is the Brim river which crosses between two cities. However, we should consider the possibility that the river at the prehistorical stage was not at the location on today. Just a century ago, Han river, the river that crosses Seoul, was not above Jamsil station, it was going below the Jamsil station. The massive flood in the early 1900s changed the path of the river. The flow that river goes could be easily changed, so the writer of the article should closely examine that whether the two cities was also divided back then.
The article also missed the point that the boats of Paleans could have existed. Until 18th centuries, the material of the boat was mainly wood. There would be no big difference at the prehistorical stage, so we could easily purport that the boats of Paleans was made of wood. Then there would be nothing weird about the boats was never discovered, it is because the boats had already got decayed and went back to soil. The writer should search more specific evidence that the Paleans didn’t have the ability to build boats such as no figure of the boat on the walls of their caves.
Even if the river sustained its position and the Palean really didn’t know how to build the boats, the author is still missing one possibility that the baskets had floated from Palean to Lithos by luck. One of the Palean citizens might have accidently thrown their valuable basket to the river. The citizens of Lithos, who didn’t know how to make such baskets may have found the basket on other side of the river after a few days. By this single incident, it is possible that the basket that originally made in Palean could be found in Lithos. To make the thesis that the Palean basket is not unique stronger, the author should suggest more powerful evidence that other scholars could accept such as discovering the basket production site.
The statement that the Palean basket was not only made and used in Palean but also was made and used in Lithos and its buttress showed in the article is interesting, but to make the statement as true, the author should make more discoveries to break such logical weaknessses.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||ali.rs||43||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||siri25||50||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||rabindra||50||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 days ago||mahm||58||Read full essay|
|2 months 5 days ago||skylarzjy||58||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||PrincewillOkosun||62||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||Sai sushma||50||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||ken10091995||60||Read full essay|
|2 months 4 weeks ago||bmartinurcelay||45||Read full essay|
|2 months 4 weeks ago||Shrew||59||Read full essay|
- Competition for high grades seriously limits the quality of learning at all levels of education.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In dev (66)
- Governments should offer a free university education to any student who has been admitted to a university but who cannot afford the tuition. (54)
- Critical judgment of work in any given field has little value unless it comes from someone who is an expert in that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the (79)
- Critical judgment of work in any given field has little value unless it comes from someone who is an expert in that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your pos (50)
- Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future. (66)
- Some people believe that in order to thrive, a society must put its own overall success before the well-being of its individual citizens. Others believe that the well-being of a society can only be measured by the general welfare of all its people. Write (50)
- The following appeared as part of a letter to the editor of a scientific journal."A recent study of eighteen rhesus monkeys provides clues as to the effects of birth order on an individual's levels of stimulation. The study showed that in stimul (30)
- Some people believe that competition for high grades motivates students to excel in the classroom. Others believe that such competition seriously limits the quality of real learning. (66)
- Educational institutions should actively encourage their students to choose fields of study that will prepare them for lucrative careers.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supp (50)
- 2. Some people claim that the goal of politics should be the pursuit of an ideal. Others argue that the goal should be finding common ground and reaching reasonable consensus.Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your o (58)