Essay topics: Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archaeologists discovered such a "Palean" basket in Lithos, an ancient village across the Brim River from Palea. The Brim River is very deep and broad, and so the ancient Paleans could have crossed it only by boat, and no Palean boats have been found. Thus it follows that the so-called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean.
The article that is given strongly express the idea that woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern is not uniquely Palean’s based on the discovery of the “Palean” basket in Lithos, which is at the other side of the deep, broad river. However, there are some logical misconstrue to make such conclusion.
The article mentioned that there is the Brim river which crosses between two cities. However, we should consider the possibility that the river at the prehistorical stage was not at the location on today. Just a century ago, Han river, the river that crosses Seoul, was not above Jamsil station, it was going below the Jamsil station. The massive flood in the early 1900s changed the path of the river. The flow that river goes could be easily changed, so the writer of the article should closely examine that whether the two cities was also divided back then.
The article also missed the point that the boats of Paleans could have existed. Until 18th centuries, the material of the boat was mainly wood. There would be no big difference at the prehistorical stage, so we could easily purport that the boats of Paleans was made of wood. Then there would be nothing weird about the boats was never discovered, it is because the boats had already got decayed and went back to soil. The writer should search more specific evidence that the Paleans didn’t have the ability to build boats such as no figure of the boat on the walls of their caves.
Even if the river sustained its position and the Palean really didn’t know how to build the boats, the author is still missing one possibility that the baskets had floated from Palean to Lithos by luck. One of the Palean citizens might have accidently thrown their valuable basket to the river. The citizens of Lithos, who didn’t know how to make such baskets may have found the basket on other side of the river after a few days. By this single incident, it is possible that the basket that originally made in Palean could be found in Lithos. To make the thesis that the Palean basket is not unique stronger, the author should suggest more powerful evidence that other scholars could accept such as discovering the basket production site.
The statement that the Palean basket was not only made and used in Palean but also was made and used in Lithos and its buttress showed in the article is interesting, but to make the statement as true, the author should make more discoveries to break such logical weaknessses.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 days 47 min ago||jenniferjack07||58||Read full essay|
|4 days 8 hours ago||lanhhoang||60||Read full essay|
|1 week 3 days ago||patushar98||70||Read full essay|
|1 week 5 days ago||pratysinha||60||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 9 hours ago||Subhashree||50||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 14 hours ago||no one||68||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 2 days ago||stevewang1007||78||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 6 days ago||Lken0307||60||Read full essay|
|1 month 5 days ago||Anshul Somani||60||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||zzk81||78||Read full essay|
- The first step to self-knowledge is rejection of the familiar.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your p (16)
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than i (50)
- "The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition."-Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agre (50)
- Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasingly more time to covering national news and less time to covering weather and local news. During the same time period, most of the complaints we received from viewers were concerned with (58)
- a nation should require all of its students to study same national curriculum until they enter college. (62)
- The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with therecommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing andsupp (66)
- The following is a recommendation from the Board of Directors of Monarch Books."We recommend that Monarch Books open a café in its store. Monarch, having been in business at the same location for more than twenty years, has a large customer base bec (59)
- Educational institutions should actively encourage their students to choose fields of study that will prepare them for lucrative careers.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supp (66)
- It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are generated and preserved. (50)
- Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archa (58)