The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government industry or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation not competition Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree wi

The youth of a nation is the next face of the nation. It is the young generation who is going to run the society. They need to be moulded in a way that the society is they continue to build will be in its best state. The claim discusses how instilling a sense of cooperation is more important than instilling competitive nature within the younger generation. But as much as the youth needs cooperation, competition is what would take them higher.

Competition would give a boost to the younger generation to fly high. Cooperation is always necessary to make things progress. But it is competition that makes people explore and know their capacity and limits. It helps them push themselves to the maximum to come up with newer ideas for the development for the society. Without this competition within the youth, there would be nothing to galvanize them to achieve higher. Sometimes it is only the success of others that pushes us to achieve a goal. These success stories instill a fire to run to the finish line. The absence of such competitiveness would take a person nowhere in life.

Teaching a healthy competitive spirit helps the younger generations in preparing for their future. We cannot always expect everyone to be with a cooperative nature. When a person who does not have a good competitive spirit encounters someone with non cooperative nature, they will be nonplussed. Younger generation needs to be moulded in such a way that they could face versatile situations they encounter. They need to be tested from time to time and pushed to face their fears.

That being said, we must also agree that cooperation is also as necessary as competition. A person who handles a role in the government cannot always be competitive. A person who does not learn to be cooperative with their team would be of no use within the team. So it could be concluded that competition is as necessary as cooperation and the youth should be malleable to any situation they encounter.