Claim Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive Reason It is primarily in cities that a nation s cultural traditions are preserved and generated

Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.
Reason: It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated.

The author concludes that the major cities should get more financial support because the cultural traditions are preserved and generated in these metropolises. However, personally, small villages may maintain more traditional factors. The support to culture protection should be combined in major cities and small villages. Furthermore, the spirits and other invisible aspects in cultural are also crucial to culture protection.

To begin with, some culture factors in big cities are hard and expensive to be maintained. However, in small villages, the cost to culture maintenance will be considerable lower than in the big cities. For instance, all the hoary architecture need work in maintenance. In huge cities, the worker employee fees are higher and the real estate value are far more higher than small villages. Except for the economic considerations, the rare places in major cities may be used for better benefits, such as hospitals, schools and so on. Taking the large numbers of people in metropolis into consideration, these infrastructures may be more practical and exigent for residents. Therefore, when the same traditional buildings exist in huge cities and small villages, the culture protection in small villages maybe more economical and advisable.

From another perspective, more cultural factors may be remained in villages than in cities. The cities are more vulnerable in battles than villages. The complex politic turmoil, often happened in huge cities, also has negative influences on the culture protection. In small villages, the calm and steady life style are better for culture protection. Some old architectures remain only damaged structure, due to the war. For instance, the temple in Athens, and the old summer palace in Beijing. However, in small villages, some old structures can avoid the war damage.

Furthermore, more traditional factors, such as poetry, literature, and ballad, are inherited invisible, regardless of the area difference. These intangible factors are maintained in small villages easier than in cities, since the life style in huge cities are influenced by modern technology productions. For example, the popular music concert may replace the Shakespeare’s poetry in cities. The novels, like Harry Potter, may replace the Bible story in children’s hands. The fast food and set meal may replace the traditional food in most cases. However, in villages, the music concert is often few, and traditional stories may be talk more, so that the old value and spirits may be inherited more in villages than in cities. The protection for these things doesn’t need much financial support, but education and propagation.

To sum up, both cities and villages have some kind of unique factor on cultural tradition. Small cities may contain more old culture factors in some aspects, and the invisible things need more attention and should be educated to next generation. The financial support may not that important comparing with the invisible propagation. In conclusion, if financial and other methods support are applied to cultural protection, the excellent tradition will be inherited for long.