The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend."Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work

The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend.
"Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work only part-time. Moreover, Adams' revenue last year was twice as high as that of Fitch and included home sales that averaged $168,000, compared to Fitch's $144,000. Homes listed with Adams sell faster as well: ten years ago I listed my home with Fitch, and it took more than four months to sell; last year, when I sold another home, I listed it with Adams, and it took only one month. Thus, if you want to sell your home quickly and at a good price, you should use Adams Realty."
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

According to the what appeared in the letter, the writer assumes that Adams Realty is superior to Fitch Realty, as the number of real estate agents , sales revenue are higher in addition to a personal experience of him. But the argument is completely unsound and not convincing due to lacking some important information which would change the assumption if mentioned.

First, the writer based his assumption on the increased number of real estate agents that Adams has 40 real estate agents while Fitch has 25 real estate agents. He ignored to mention the professional skills of them and assuming that the effectiveness have direct relationship with the number of workers, which is completely untrue. Because Fitch might have 25 experienced and professional real estate agents while Adams Realty employing 40 newly hired agents with little experience. Also he based his assumption that many of Fitch agents are only part-time, however ignoring this information for Adams Realty. Maybe Fitch has 15 out of the 25 part-time agents and Adams also has 15 out of the 40 part-time agents. In this case the weight of the part-time information would have been higher.

Second, he based part of his assumption of the increased sales revenue on 1 year which is not evidence that Adams is always superior and better. He should have added at least five consecutive years for both companies to make a strong assumption. There is another flaw on mentioning this amount without giving all other necessary information, like how many houses were sold, and price of each house and the neighborhood. Adams could have sold five houses in a cheap neighborhood each for $ 100,000, and Fitch sold two houses in an expensive neighborhood each for $ 200,000.

Finally, the author mentioned that the selling rate at Adams Realty is faster with better price based on two personal experiences. The first was 10 years ago when it took him 4 months to sell his home at Fitch Realty, while the second was another home which took him 1 month to sell at Adams realty totally ignoring the economic conditions, the demand of the buyers that must have changed in 10 years which is a long period. The increase in the standard of living and economic development of people could be the reason behind it, as it was hard for some people 10 years ago to get a lump sum to buy a house, however nowadays loans and credit have made it easier to sell a house in one month.

Thus the argument is not completely sound to assume that Adams Realty real estate is better than Fitch Realty. Ultimately the argument might have been strengthened if the author has based his assumption on a bench mark for both firms as the geographic areas they serve, number of houses , price per each and the skills and qualifications of the real estate agents

Sentence: According to the what appeared in the letter, the writer assumes that Adams Realty is superior to Fitch Realty, as the number of real estate agents , sales revenue are higher in addition to a personal experience of him.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a WH-determiner
Suggestion: Refer to the and what
Suggestion: Refer to sales revenue and are

Sentence: Also he based his assumption that many of Fitch agents are only part-time, however ignoring this information for Adams Realty.
Description: The word based is not usually used as a verb, past tense
Suggestion: Refer to based