Governments should place few, if any, restrictions on scientific research and development.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.
Most people treat scientific research and development as the tools and help for advance of their nations, and give their government the power to direct, shape, and restrain it. Although it is partly true as every development is for the need of human, such as convenience of our lives or simply curiosity, the authority should never place restrictions on them, except for ethical issues.
First, the limits given by the governments may lead the progress toward wrong direction. If there are some bounds in a field of research, say technology, the experts will try to fit the wants of the government ...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- The following is a recommendation from the Board of Directors of Monarch Books."We recommend that Monarch Books open a cafe in its store. Monarch, having been in business at the same location for more than twenty years, has a large customer base because i 88
- The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of a food distribution company with food storage warehouses in several cities."Recently, we signed a contract with the Fly-Away Pest Control Company to provide pest control services at our fast-food 80
- Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain y 43
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One of the best ways that parents can help their teenage children prepare for adult life is to encourage them to take a part-time job.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 73
- Integrated testThe sea otter is a small mammal that lives in waters along the western coast of North America from California to Alaska. When some sea otter populations off the Alaskan coast started rapidly declining a few years ago, it caused much concern 95
Sentence: Take gravitation law of Newton for example, not like the image as a scientists in the minds of most people, the great law was found through a hit of apple, while the public considered that the brilliant ideas most be shapes in experiments will good facility such computers.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to will and good
Sentence: For the same reason, what the government as well as the population considered as good way to research could be just not as good as a apple tree for the most important scienctists as Newton.
Error: scienctists Suggestion: scientists
Sentence: The confined development may not be as succeessful as those advance on their own ways, taking their own time.
Error: succeessful Suggestion: successful
Sentence: These confines give the restictions on scientific researches and development.
Error: restictions Suggestion: restrictions
It is on top list:
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 6.0 out of 6
Category: Excellent Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 3 2
No. of Sentences: 17 15
No. of Words: 401 350
No. of Characters: 1904 1500
No. of Different Words: 195 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.475 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.748 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.684 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 117 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 87 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 69 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 53 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 23.588 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 9.659 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.706 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.301 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.545 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.081 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5