Governments should place few if any restrictions on scientific research and development Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take In develop

Human beings are termed as the most intelligent being on the planet, and “With great power comes great responsibility”. The prompt suggests that government should place few or none at all restrictions on scientific research and development. In my opinion, i agree with the statement that government should place a few restrictions on scientific research and development, for the following two reasons.
If the government doesn’t put any restrictions on scientific research and development there will be complete chaos all over. For example, during World War I there were many unrestricted scientific experiments done, one of the famous ones is the Russian Cell experiment. This experiment was primarily done to improve human strength abilities through scientific means, in that experiment some human subjects were locked into a cell and a synthesized gas was released periodically throughout the month, this experiment was carried out for about 2 years. During the experiment, a ghoulish site was witnessed not only the scientists failed in to receive a useful outcome but also the subjects were paralyzed to such extent that they were addicted to the gas and wanted more of it. This horrific research was immediately terminated by the government and no further experiments were conducted in the future. Thus left with the question, Is scientific research so important that human subjects could be used to serve the experiment?
If there are no restrictions on scientific research and development then it could result in endangering some already scant animals. For example, In the 1970s a number of scientific experiments and research were done on a mammal called ‘platypus’, it is or should I say ‘it was', the only mammal that gave eggs in order to reproduce. Due to enormous research on the mammal, the already rare animal became much less in quantity across the world. Thus if there are no restrictions on scientific research it could affect adversely the whole ecosystem of the planet.
Although, keeping no restrictions on scientific research could be fruitful for exploring and discovering new scientific boundaries, there should be few restrictions such as no human subject or endangered species can be used for research purposes. Thus,
in my opinion, the statement that government should place a few restrictions on scientific research and development should be followed.