People's behavior is largely determined by forces not of their own making.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting

It is often said that the true character of a person is revealed in testing times. In the light of this statement, it seems plausible to assert that people’s behaviour is, to a large extent, influenced and determined by forces not in their control. However, this strong contention may be qualified by considering the other side of the coin as well.

One frequently observes people indulging in road rage during their excruciatingly long and tiring commutes. While the person in question might be affable otherwise, the rush hour traffic and the associated stress brings out the worst in her/him. This example illustrates how certain circumstances and situations beyond one’s control can strongly influence an individual’s behaviour.

Many a time, our instincts guide our behaviour when external forces act upon us. An otherwise timid person will, most likely, display intrepidation and run for his life on confronting a life-threatening danger. Several people experience a change in their behavioral traits, almost overnight, due to a personal tragedy or similar provident situation. All these are further examples of how one; behaviour may be determined by external forces beyond one’s control.

However, it must also be recognized, that maintaining equanimity and composure in trying times is the mark of a truly balanced individual. While vicissitudes are part of life, a person who can in simple language, ‘keep one’s cool’ and whose behaviour does not alter even when the tide is flowing against is the one who can carve his own destiny.

That external forces act upon and thoroughly influence behaviour, is true of most individuals. However, those who are guided by their by their conscience and stability exude peace and serenity even during difficult times. In sum, therefore, the given statement can be qualified by adding that most people’s behaviour is largely determined by forces not of their making: however, there are those with remarkable composure whose behaviour remains unaltered come what may.

Sentence: However, those who are guided by their by their conscience and stability exude peace and serenity even during difficult times.
Description: A determiner, possessive is not usually followed by a preposition
Suggestion: Refer to their and by

Error: exude Suggestion: ?