Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be

Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

It is true that scandals focus our attention on problems; but it cannot be useful always and also it cannot be said that it helps us to focus our attention to problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.

Most of the scandals often attract unnecessary attention. They are hyped out of proportion and sometimes convey a lot of wrong and misleading information. Scandals can also sometimes cause a lot of disturbance in the daily routine of the normal public and be quite detrimental to the functioning of daily lives. People tend to focus all their attention towards these scandals and it becomes a source of gossip for most of the people.

Some of these scandals are not always true and thereby instigate a lot of miscommunications. Even though a scandal might be due to some other cause; the publicity and media attention give it some other turn and hence amplify it hundred times. From text mesaages to social networking sites thats the only thing everyone is talking about. I feel that so much attention is not required for one kind of a problem and it is a waste of time to focus our atention to any one problem, when we already have so many problemsof our own to look after.

Looking at the example of the a girl who was raped in Delhi, India was hyped out of proportion and was converted to a scandal for no reason. Some of them went to the extent of posting fake photographs of the girl and her family on social networking sites in order to get unnecessary attention. This was very very traumatic for the family who was already going through the trauma of loss of their child. In addition to it they were also dealing with her name being defamed by the media and the people.

Yes it is certain from the above examples that scandals are not the most useful to focus our attention to problems and there are definitely other ways to look at it.

Sentence: Looking at the example of the a girl who was raped in Delhi, India was hyped out of proportion and was converted to a scandal for no reason.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to the and a

Sentence: From text mesaages to social networking sites thats the only thing everyone is talking about.
Error: mesaages Suggestion: messages

Sentence: I feel that so much attention is not required for one kind of a problem and it is a waste of time to focus our atention to any one problem, when we already have so many problemsof our own to look after.
Error: problemsof Suggestion: problems
Error: atention Suggestion: attention