Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.

In the 21st century where there is a myriad of information, news, day to day reports and a complete chaos regarding to opinions o f different people, one is confused or one might say, attuned to daily doses of various speakers and reformers. We seldom pay attention to these in our busy life schedule and therefore they have little or no effect on us. Even if we pay heed to these people, our attention span has so much so shortened that it comes and goes like a ziffy. More often than not we are also think that they are bogus and whatever they are saying is of little importance and are likely to ...

Sentence: Then only we realise the gravity of the situation and start to act.
Error: realise Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: But MMS scandals escape no one and people realising that water has gone over the head act.
Error: realising Suggestion: realizing

Sentence: An ideal situation would be addressing the problems so that no scandals arises, but in ours society clearly its not happening so one or two tip offs or scandals are a way to make people realise the problems and acting if not early then not too late.

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre