Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archa

Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archaeologists discovered such a "Palean" basket in Lithos, an ancient village across the Brim River from Palea. The Brim River is very deep and broad, and so the ancient Paleans could have crossed it only by boat, and no Palean boats have been found. Thus it follows that the so-called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean.
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The argument that the so-called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean is not entirely logically convincing, since it ignores certain crucial assumptions.

Firsly, the arguments assumes that the only way from Palea to Lithos is through the Brim river. what about having another way through land away from the river?

Secondly, even if there is no other way than crossing the deep Brim river by boats. There is no evidence that the Palean have no boats. They could have boats and the archaeologists have not found them or have not discovered the evidence of their existence yet.

Finally, the argument omits the possibility that the Palean basket can be purely Palean and the one found in Lithos went there because a visitor from Lithos has crossed the Brim river to Palea and returned back to Lithos with the basket.

Thus, the argument is not completely sound. The evidence in support of the conclusion that a Palean basket was found in Lithos does little to prove that conclusion, since it does not address the assumptions already raised.

Ultimately, the argument might have been strengthened by proving that there is no way from Palea to Lithos except through the Brim river, or by making sure that the Paleans have no boats, or by confirming also that the people in Lithos have no boats or any other means of transport and thus can not go to Palea.

Sentence: Firsly, the arguments assumes that the only way from Palea to Lithos is through the Brim river. what about having another way through land away from the river?
Description: The fragment arguments assumes that is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace assumes with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive

You need to put more vocabulary words in your essay body.