The argument claims that, in Waymarsh city, during the last two decades, the number of people who got their graduate degrees are finding very difficult to get jobs for teaching at college levels. In addition to this, even the students who graduated from Waymarsh University are also facing difficulty in finding jobs. But the argument father claims that in the coming decade, the academic job seekers are going to come across better times. This statement is based upon the demographic trends, which states that over the coming next years, many people will be reaching the college, and as a result the job market will increase the job positions for many number of people who want to teach at college level. This argument manipulates the facts and conveys a distorted view of the situation. Hence, it is weak and has several flaws.
Firstly, the argument claims that the students of Waymarsh city and the students of Waymarsh University are facing a hard time to find jobs, though having graduate degrees. This statement is very weak, as the author failed to mention the reasons behind this situation, as to why the students with degrees are not getting jobs to teach the students of college-level. There many reasons because of which the graduates with degrees are not allowed to or not getting the jobs to teach college-level students, inspite of the fact that they are good in that academic subjects. One reason which could be possible is that there might be a specific qualification which is needed for a person to teach the students of college. And because of which, a student with only a graduate degree in hand, and with no other qualification is not eligible for that post. Another reason which could be possible is that, there might be many number of lecturers to teach the college level students, as a result there might not be any vacancy for that kind of job in the Waymarsh city. The argument could have been much better if the author explicitly stated all the relevant facts and reasons.
Secondly, the argument readily assumes that in the coming next ten years, the job trend is going to change. The statement of the author is purely invalid because he has no clear evidence for his expectation. This statement of the author is based on the demographic trend, which states that in the coming years, an increasing number of people will be reaching the college age; therefore there is an expectation of an improvement in the job market. If there is an increase in the number of people, who are reaching the college age, it not at all mandatory that all the people will be seeking a job of teaching at the college level. There might be people are want to seek a job of other kind which is not even close to teaching. Finally, it can be said that, without any unconvincing answers to the question, one is left with the impression that the claim is more of a wishful thinking rather than substantive evidence.
In conclusion, the argument is flawed for the above-mentioned reasons and therefore is unconvincing. In this particular case, without much evidence and information, the argument remains weak and open to debate.
- The following appeared as part of a campaign to sell advertising time on a local radio station to local businesses. “The Cumquat Café began advertising on our local radio station this year and was delighted to see its business increase by 10 percent over 80
- “For hundreds of years, the monetary system of most countries has been based on the exchange of metal coins and printed pieces of paper. However, because of recent developments in technology, the international community should consider replacing the entir 77
- The following appeared in the health section of a magazine on trends and lifestyles “People who use the artificial sweetener aspartame are better off consuming sugar, since aspartame can actually contribute to weight gain rather than weight loss. For exam 85
- The following appeared in the editorial in an industry newsletter:"As public concern over drug abuse has increased, authorities have become more vigilant in their efforts to prevent illegal drugs from entering the country. Many drug traffickers have conse 78
- The following appeared as a part of an advertisement for Adams, who is seeking reelection as governor.“Re-elect Adams, and you will be voting for proven leadership in improving the state’s economy. Over the past year alone, seventy percent of the state’s 60
rate my essay please and give me a feedback!!!!
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.0 out of 6
Category: Very good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 21 15
No. of Words: 540 350
No. of Characters: 2535 1500
No. of Different Words: 201 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.821 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.694 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.506 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 183 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 129 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 85 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 38 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 25.714 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 10.185 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.619 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.32 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.492 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.113 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5
thnks a lot..!!!