Essay topics: 113. Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.
Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.
Admittedly, general social welfare is one of the most important factors affecting the quality of vast majority of people in any nation. National leaders and policy makers should be concerned with allotting limited resources to satisfy their people to sustain the society. Therefore, one can argue that the welfare is one of the indicators measuring the greatness of a nation. However, it is doubtful to conclude that the social welfare is the surest indicator of a great nation. Because (1) high quality of welfare does not automatically guarantee the excellence of a nation, and (2) there are more reliable indicator we should consider.
First of all, there are despicable governments which provid ...
Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 years 2 months ago||EugeneDubinchuk||60||Read full essay|
|4 years 5 months ago||someguy89||73.3333||Read full essay|
|5 years 3 days ago||siamakd||90||Read full essay|
|6 years 5 months ago||Chukky||95||Read full essay|
|7 years 6 months ago||aschocolate||95||Read full essay|
- 2. The following is a recommendation from the Board of Directors of Monarch Books."We recommend that Monarch Books open a café in its store. Monarch, having been in business at the same location for more than twenty years, has a large customer base becaus (70)
- 108/110. Critical judgment of work in any given field has little value unless it comes from someone who is an expert in that field (50)
- 61. People should undertake risky action only after they have carefully considered its consequences. (90)
- 65. Every individual in a society has a responsibility to obey just laws and to disobey and resist unjust laws. (80)
- 143. No field of study can advance significantly unless it incorporates knowledge and experience from outside that field. (70)
- 40. Claim: When planning courses, educators should take into account the interests and suggestions of their students.Reason: Students are more motivated to learn when they are interested in what they are studying. (90)
- 36 / 72. Governments should not fund any scientific research whose consequences are unclear. (90)
- 12. Governments should offer a free university education to any student who has been admitted to a university but who cannot afford the tuition. (90)
- 80. Nations should suspend government funding for the arts when significant numbers of their citizens are hungry or unemployed. (80)
- 16. Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield to public opinion and abandon principle for the sake of compromise. Others believe that the most essential quality of an effective leader is the ability to remain consiste (80)