113. Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.
Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.
Admittedly, general social welfare is one of the most important factors affecting the quality of vast majority of people in any nation. National leaders and policy makers should be concerned with allotting limited resources to satisfy their people to sustain the society. Therefore, one can argue that the welfare is one of the indicators measuring the greatness of a nation. However, it is doubtful to conclude that the social welfare is the surest indicator of a great nation. Because (1) high quality of welfare does not automatically guarantee the excellence of a nation, and (2) there are more r...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- 16. Some people believe that in order to be effective, political leaders must yield to public opinion and abandon principle for the sake of compromise. Others believe that the most essential quality of an effective leader is the ability to remain consiste 80
- 40. Claim: When planning courses, educators should take into account the interests and suggestions of their students.Reason: Students are more motivated to learn when they are interested in what they are studying. 90
- 105. Claim: Imagination is a more valuable asset than experience.Reason: People who lack experience are free to imagine what is possible without the constraints of established habits and attitudes. 70
- 113. Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people. 80
- 5. A recently issued twenty-year study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia investigated the possible therapeutic effect of consuming salicylates. Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headach 43
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.0 out of 6
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 3 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 5 2
No. of Sentences: 24 15
No. of Words: 442 350
No. of Characters: 2392 1500
No. of Different Words: 231 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.585 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.412 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.929 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 196 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 150 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 102 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 79 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 18.417 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 5.612 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.583 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.292 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.446 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.082 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5