113. Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.
Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.
Admittedly, general social welfare is one of the most important factors affecting the quality of vast majority of people in any nation. National leaders and policy makers should be concerned with allotting limited resources to satisfy their people to sustain the society. Therefore, one can argue that the welfare is one of the indicators measuring the greatness of a nation. However, it is doubtful to conclude that the social welfare is the surest indicator of a great nation. Because (1) high quality of welfare does not automatically guarantee the excellence of a nation, and (2) there are more r...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- 34. The vice president of human resources at Climpson Industries sent the following recommendation to the company's president."In an effort to improve our employees' productivity, we should implement electronic monitoring of employees' Internet use from t 80
- 108 110 Critical judgment of work in any given field has little value unless it comes from someone who is an expert in that field 10
- Highway safety13. In an attempt to improve highway safety, Prunty County last year lowered its speed limit from 55 to 45 miles per hour on all county highways. But this effort has failed: the number of accidents has not decreased, and, based on reports by 60
- 65. Every individual in a society has a responsibility to obey just laws and to disobey and resist unjust laws. 80
- 132. The following appeared in a letter to the school board in the town of Centerville."All students should be required to take the driver's education course at Centerville High School. In the past two years, several accidents in and around Centerville ha 50
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.0 out of 6
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 3 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 5 2
No. of Sentences: 24 15
No. of Words: 442 350
No. of Characters: 2392 1500
No. of Different Words: 231 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.585 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.412 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.929 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 196 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 150 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 102 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 79 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 18.417 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 5.612 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.583 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.292 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.446 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.082 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5