Essay topics: Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.
Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.
Do the achievements of the eminent people represent the great nation? Probably, in general it is telling factor, but to say the truth, the welfare of all its people is more convincing indicator.
Achievements of the nation’s prominent people can be indicator of their willpower, hardworking and numerous personal advantages. Let’s remember Michail Lomonosov, outstanding Russian scientist and writer, who came to Moscow from small Archangelsk country by barefoot to study. At that time, he could not get higher education so he had to forge documents for entering Slavic Greek Latin Academy. How many people were in Russia that had talents but no opportunities because of their origin? Consequently, it can be stated that open and accessible education is one of the important points in welfare of great nation.
Polity always consists not only from “regular” people but also from power which is often represented by several branches. Obviously that the main aim of this puissant people is to found and create the conditions and possibilities to make nation flourish. It can be free education, as it was mentioned in previous paragraph, health care, high level of wages, material supplements for mothers, etc. The better social conditions are demanded if we want to do our best.
The USSR was a great place for scientists and furthermore the career of a scientist was elite and reverent. But time is changing and now all we can see is deserted institutes of Russian Academy of Sciences. Unsurprisingly that people prefer routine work to creative one because of stability. There are a lot of factors for a such disgusting situation but the absence of financial guarantees is one of the key reasons. And many of those people who wanted a scientific career left abroad for a better life.
To sum up the above, it is necessary to evaluate the welfare of the whole nation not only achievements of its outstanding persons. Probably, there are much more potential writers, compositors and other outstanding people around us than we can imagine but some external factors impede their prolific creativeness.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 weeks 5 days ago||Roshan Dhakal||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||bill1441||66||Read full essay|
|6 months 4 days ago||yoonjung1917@gm...||75||Read full essay|
|9 months 3 weeks ago||octa_08||50||Read full essay|
|10 months 1 week ago||Gh.Ne||66||Read full essay|
|10 months 1 week ago||Gh.Ne||79||Read full essay|
|11 months 4 weeks ago||a734547007||66||Read full essay|
|2 years 4 months ago||urvangP||Read full essay|
|3 years 1 month ago||flowerft2007||66||Read full essay|
|4 years 1 month ago||EugeneDubinchuk||60||Read full essay|
- The following is a recommendation from the personnel director to the president of Acme Publishing Company.“Many other companies have recently stated that having their employees take the Easy Read Speed-Reading Course has greatly improved productivity. O (50)
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you t (50)
- The following appeared in a letter from the owner of the Sunnyside Towers apartment complex to its manager.“Last week, all the showerheads in the first three buildings of the Sunnyside Towers complex were modified to restrict maximum water flow to one-t (60)
- Governments should not fund any scientific research whose consequences are unclear.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing (58)
- The following appeared as part of an article in a business magazine.“A recent study rating 300 male and female advertising executives according to the average number of hours they sleep per night showed an association between the amount of sleep the exe (60)
- Government officials should rely on their own judgment rather than unquestioningly carry out the will of the people whom they serve.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoni (50)
- In an attempt to improve highway safety, Prunty County last year lowered its speed limit from 55 to 45 miles per hour on all county highways. But this effort has failed: the number of accidents has not decreased, and, based on reports by the highway patro (45)
- In any field — business, politics, education, government — those in power should be required to step down after five years.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developi (50)
- The following appeared as a letter to the editor from a Central Plaza store owner."Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Ce (70)
- Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and suppo (54)