Essay topics: Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.
Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the
reason on which that claim is based.
Some people argue that the surest indicator of a great nation is not determined by its elite groups. This may sound true to some adherents who believe that the welfare of all its people is the most reflective indicator for a great nation. However, this essay will insist that both approaches are essential for a great nation.
Admittedly, merely great acheivement of few elites, from our historical perspective, did not completely prove the quality of a great nation. For one, when we think of Mahatma Ghandi, even though he stood as a symbol of non-violent resistance, India is still suffering from gender inequality and class hierarchy. This case alone proves that even the most famous leader is regarded as the symbol of peace, that does not represent the democratic atmosphere and even reflects the opposite. Thus, the reason that the welfare of its all people may convince us rather than the fact that few elites demonstrate a nation's quality.
However, sometimes the achievement of few elites does contribute in raising its nation's reputation. Considering many inventions and cultural heritages that historical figures made, few can yield better images to its nation and change the quality of life. For instance, Thomas Edison, who popularized the electricity to overall U.S., can be regarded as a frontier in making a great nation for the U.S.A. Even though this invention was initiated by individual, it had significant effect on the human history. Also, when we remind of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, the greatest composer of Austria, even though the Austria does not have affluent cultural heritages except Mozart, Austria is known as the hometome of great musician and attracts a plethora of tourists. These facts tell us that even though some achievements can be confined to few individuals, the nation and its people may get advantages and consequently proceed to become a better nation.
To sum, even though the indicator of a great nation seems to fulfill the welfare of all its people, but sometimes achievement of few elites would yield a better images for a nation.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 months 5 days ago||Roshan Dhakal||66||Read full essay|
|5 months 3 weeks ago||bill1441||66||Read full essay|
|6 months 2 weeks ago||natashasuzu||50||Read full essay|
|11 months 1 day ago||octa_08||50||Read full essay|
|11 months 2 weeks ago||Gh.Ne||66||Read full essay|
|11 months 2 weeks ago||Gh.Ne||79||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 month ago||a734547007||66||Read full essay|
|2 years 5 months ago||urvangP||Read full essay|
|3 years 2 months ago||flowerft2007||66||Read full essay|
|4 years 2 months ago||EugeneDubinchuk||60||Read full essay|
- All parents should be required to volunteer time to their children's schools.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing andsupporting your position, be sure to address the most compel (50)
- Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands were extinct. Previous archaeological findings have suggested that early humans general (49)
- Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which (75)
- Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study. (50)
- "Butter has now been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. Only about 2 percent of customers have complained, indicating that an average of 98 people out of 100 are happy with the change. (68)
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company.“According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in a (38)
- College students should be required to take basic economics courses, even though their majors are not economics. (76)
- Getting advice from friends who are older than you is more valuable than getting that from your peers. (76)
- Young people should try many different kinds of jobs or career before they decide the long term career of their life. (80)
- The following memorandum is from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants."Recently, butter has been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. This change, however, has had little im (50)