Essay topics: The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company.
“According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year. And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies actually increased during the past year. Clearly, the contents of these reviews are not reaching enough of our prospective viewers. Thus, the problem lies not with the quality of our movies but with the public's lack of awareness that movies of good quality are available. Super Screen should therefore allocate a greater share of its budget next year to reaching the public through advertising.”
The memo argues that the Super Screen, a movie production company, should allocate a greater budget on its advertisement next year to promote their movies to the public. This recommendation is based on some assumptions which needs more explanations.
First, the author assumes that their marketing is ineffective from the reports which may make such assumptions implausible. Even though the author stated that fewer people had attended their movies during the past year, it is possible that this reletively fewer number might be insignificant. For example, if the company had many greatest hits in the past years and the last year's revenue did not reach such hits, the actual number of spectators and the revenues of the past year might not be in downturn. Moreover, let alone the fact that fewer attended to see its movies, if the whole industry was facing difficulties in the past year, Super Screen might not be having serious problems. Thus, without providing accurate statistics on the decline of spectatorship, the author's argument may lose its credibility.
Second, the author draws his conclusion based on the assumption that the few positive reviews are not influencing their prospective viewers. However, this requires further explanation. The author did not mention the actual percentages of the positive reviews and the percentage may be insignificant when presented without the actual number of the review. Furthermore, there are many factors that make the public to watch their movies. The promotion of the movies, the social atmosphere, accessibility of movie theater, distributor's situation and other factors may influence the spectatorship. Unlike the author's stance, the public's lack of awareness does not fully explain about their current situation.
To conclude, the author's argument that the Super Screen should raise their budgets to increase public's awareness on their movies is based on less reliable evidence. Without providing more credible evidence and statistics, the author's assertion is less likely to be convinced.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|6 days 12 hours ago||Raunaq||70||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 1 day ago||ko_tik||48||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Ramkal||38||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 3 days ago||halmir||40||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 3 days ago||mariabrb||48||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 4 days ago||hhhh||50||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||nikkk||43||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||reihanehfrp||53||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 day ago||ernestdigore||58||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 days ago||Cyclic Order||58||Read full essay|
- All parents should be required to volunteer time to their children's schools.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing andsupporting your position, be sure to address the most compel (50)
- Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands were extinct. Previous archaeological findings have suggested that early humans general (49)
- Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which (75)
- Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study. (50)
- "Butter has now been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. Only about 2 percent of customers have complained, indicating that an average of 98 people out of 100 are happy with the change. (68)
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company.“According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in a (38)
- College students should be required to take basic economics courses, even though their majors are not economics. (76)
- Getting advice from friends who are older than you is more valuable than getting that from your peers. (76)
- Young people should try many different kinds of jobs or career before they decide the long term career of their life. (80)
- The following memorandum is from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants."Recently, butter has been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. This change, however, has had little im (50)