Essay topics: Young people should try many different kinds of jobs or career before they decide the long term career of their life.
As the society became more competitive and uncertain, many people debate on the issue that the young should try as many different jobs as they can before they start their long-term career. However, I disagree on such claim since attempting different jobs or career is neither helpful for the future job market nor beneficial to individual's status.
To begin with, getting many different experiences does not always guarantee the success of the future. In these days, even though the world has become more competitive and unpredictable, many companies still require for the experts who have deep understanding in their own fields. When young people obtain useless or irrelevant skills that can be hardly used in their field, then, it would be nothing more than not having any skills. For example, when I was counselling for the job applicats in college, I saw many applicants who had too many skills that are not needed for their applied position. One of them, who wanted to become a journalist , acquired a taxi driver's license which is needless in his field. Other applicants who was studying to become an accountant also had an Asian shef certificate which is useless in his resume. Some may consider experiences are interesting but people who would hire them are less likely to attracted to such experience which seems irrelevant to their work. Therefore, it can be said that getting such experiences is not helpful in real job market.
Moreover, getting too many experiences might cause big confusion among the young people. As I mentioned above, young people sometimes commit mistakes such as obtaining unnecessary experience. However, considering the limited time and financial resources they have, too many different jobs would make young people chaotic. It is possible that majority will suffer from the excessive experiences which only cause confusion. When they lose their way to reach their future career, they may fall into psychological depression and even worse, they would kill themselves. For example, most of my friends from college were forced to get internships which is not important for their future career regreted their past decision since they did not have a break to reconsider the current status and consequently fall apart from their early goals. From this experiences, I never tell job applicants to do anything at this moment to fill out empty space in their resume.
In sum, trying many different jobs should be avoided to gaurantee the future of the young people.
- All parents should be required to volunteer time to their children's schools.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing andsupporting your position, be sure to address the most compel (50)
- Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands were extinct. Previous archaeological findings have suggested that early humans general (49)
- Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which (75)
- Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study. (50)
- "Butter has now been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. Only about 2 percent of customers have complained, indicating that an average of 98 people out of 100 are happy with the change. (68)
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company.“According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in a (38)
- College students should be required to take basic economics courses, even though their majors are not economics. (76)
- Getting advice from friends who are older than you is more valuable than getting that from your peers. (76)
- Young people should try many different kinds of jobs or career before they decide the long term career of their life. (80)
- The following memorandum is from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants."Recently, butter has been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. This change, however, has had little im (50)