Essay topics: The following memorandum is from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants.
"Recently, butter has been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. This change, however, has had little impact on our customers. In fact, only about 2 percent of customers have complained, indicating that an average of 98 people out of 100 are happy with the change. Furthermore, many servers have reported that a number of customers who ask for butter do not complain when they are given margarine instead. Clearly, either these customers do not distinguish butter from margarine or they use the term 'butter' to refer to either butter or margarine."
According to the memorandum, the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants believes that its replacement of butter by margarine is somehow sucessful since there is no significant complaints made. However, responses mentioned in the passage need further consideration on the customers' satisfaction over the changed recipe.
To begin with, the author suggests that its recent replacement of butter into magarine is successful since only 2 percent of customers showed negative actions. From this mere statistics, the author hastily concludes that the change did not influence customers' satisfaction at all. However, it is possible that since this change was implemented recently customers' complaints may dratistically rise as time goes by. Moreover, even though they might dislike the food but did not express their complaints immediately. The customer feedback service for Happy Pancake might have been inaccessible for average customers. Unless accurate survey is made on significant number of respondents, the author's claim that there were little complaints is unconvincing.
Likewise, the author mentions the reports from servers and asserts that the customers were ignorant of distinguishing butter from margarine and showed little complaints. Still, since the reporting was made by servers, the reporting provides doubtful picture on customers' actual satisfaction. That is, we can't tell whether these servers are lying on the situation or have no sense to notice customers feeling. Some servers might have not noticed minute dissatisfaction over customers' face. If it is true, it is implausible to trust servers' reports at face value. Moreover, they fail to provide actual number of customers who didn't complain and who couldn't distinguish butter from margarine. Thus, the author should provide further objective data on the number of customers who did not show complaints in order to support his idea.
In sum, even though not severe negative actions from customers were reported, the author should provide credible evidence to soothe the possible speculation for the readers.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||Krishna Prasad||49||Read full essay|
|3 months 5 days ago||orlando23||48||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||Amin Beheshti||58||Read full essay|
|9 months 1 week email@example.com||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 weeks ago||julls.kl||58||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 month ago||Shrinivaschavhan0029||62||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 months ago||ishi||50||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 months ago||temotod||16||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 months ago||temotod||67.5||Read full essay|
|1 year 3 months ago||proka||59||Read full essay|
- All parents should be required to volunteer time to their children's schools.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing andsupporting your position, be sure to address the most compel (50)
- Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands were extinct. Previous archaeological findings have suggested that early humans general (49)
- Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which (75)
- Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study. (50)
- "Butter has now been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. Only about 2 percent of customers have complained, indicating that an average of 98 people out of 100 are happy with the change. (68)
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company.“According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in a (38)
- College students should be required to take basic economics courses, even though their majors are not economics. (76)
- Getting advice from friends who are older than you is more valuable than getting that from your peers. (76)
- Young people should try many different kinds of jobs or career before they decide the long term career of their life. (80)
- The following memorandum is from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants."Recently, butter has been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. This change, however, has had little im (50)