The argument here recommends that sense of cooperation needs to be instilled in the minds of individuals to make a better leader. On the other hand sense of competition can have a reverse affect on them. I believe that while cooperation is of paramount importance to ensure wellbeing of society, competition, if taken in healthy spirit, can also prove as a boon.
Cooperation lays the building block for sharing ideas and helping each other in dire situations. E.g. - a company is made up many teams like human resource management team, technical team, and legal team. For the better functioning of the company it is very important that all these teams cooperate and work together. It is evident that in cases of legal issues, human resources team has to seek aid from legal team and in case of technical needs, IT team's cooperation is required. If a healthy cooperative environment is not present inside the firm, it can lead to firm's doom. So it becomes responsibility of the CEO of that firm to establish the trust, faith and sense of respect when these teams work together. Hence it is crucial that a lesson of cooperation is taught to individuals at an early stage so that they can become better CEOs in the future.
In absence of cooperation and presence of competition various negative feelings can come into play. Grudge, greed, envy, fraud etc. over powers human minds. If there is competition without respect, one team will try to hurt other team’s performance using false means like faking important document or hiding crucial information. A sense that others doom can prove to be one's achievement gets instilled in individual's mind. This eventually leads to an unhealthy culture for the development of the firm.
Although it is important that competition has its negative effects, a healthy competition can also be fruitful. Consider a class of student having a duly evaluation procedure for testing child's talent. In this scenario, when a child sees that other child is scoring more marks, he can be given a motivation by the elders that if other child can score, you can also perform better. This sense of motivation, ameliorates a sense of confidence and subsequently results in child's development.
Clubbing up all the points I can say that cooperation is very important for the functioning of any team in any field. Competition if taken in healthy spirit can also serve fruitful.
- Young people should be encouraged to pursue long-term, realistic goals rather than seek immediate fame and recognition.45
- "According to a recent report by our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen produced movies than in any other year. And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies ac40
- People who are the most deeply committed to an idea or policy are also the most critical of it.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve33
- There is little justification for society to make extraordinary efforts— especially at a great cost in money and jobs—to save endangered animal or plant species.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the state80
- In order to become well-rounded individuals, all college students should be required to take courses in which they read poetry, novels, mythology, and other types of imaginative literature.70
Sentence: On the other hand sense of competition can have a reverse affect on them.
Description: The word affect is not usually used as a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to affect , did you mean effect
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.0 out of 6
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 21 15
No. of Words: 403 350
No. of Characters: 1955 1500
No. of Different Words: 211 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.48 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.851 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.787 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 127 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 100 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 70 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 53 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 19.19 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 6.485 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.476 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.305 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.504 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.062 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5