The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take In developing and supporti

The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the
statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and
supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or
might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

People often tend to do good things all the time. Even if they unknowingly do a small mistake, they’ll consider it to be the greatest sin of their life and go into depression. This happens mainly because, right from the beginning, we were told to do only good things and we were not taught how to handle if something amiss happens. Hence, it is important that people should be taught how to handle both positive and negative events, so that, they can bring out a better version of themselves.

Let’s take the first example of “children”. Children are brought up in such a way that, they believe only good things will happen their entire life and are not taught how to be strong if something amiss happens. It is mainly because of this reason that, nowadays, most of teenagers are going into depression or committing suicide, because they were not taught how to handle failure. Also, parents, instead of punishing the child(if he/she commits any mistake), should make the child understand the consequences of that mistake.

Additionally, parents these days, are very confident that their child will crack all the examinations with a good percentage, and as a result, the pressure on the poor child reaches such a level that, they believe, if they fail that particular examination, it’s the end of their life and most of them even commit suicide. Alternatively, if the parent had encouraged/told the child, to not worry about the result and give their best for the examination, then, the pressure on the child will automatically be reduced and would have the courage to tell their parents if the exam didn’t go well and the parent would also understand the same. In this way, many of the teenagers would be saved from going into depression and committing suicide.

In short, the best way to teach is to praise the positive actions and illustrate the consequences of the negative actions so that, people can be mentally prepared if anything amiss happens. In case a particular thing doesn’t work out, people should be aware of various other options so that they would not consider it the end of their life and can try those various other options.