College students should be encouraged to pursue subjects that interest them rather than the courses that seem most likely to lead to jobs.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain y

Finding the right method to fully unlock students' potential can be trivial as there are many factors, which are not easily verified, to consider. Some people would support the notion that college students should be encouraged to delve into subjects that they find interesting. Others, however, would suggest that the most important thing is to focus on courses that will increase the chances in finding a job. After carefully evaluating the following facts, it becomes clear that college students should focus their energy and enthusiasm on courses that interest them most so they can beneficially advance their passion and their talent.

To begin with, a succinct review on the profiles of the most prominent scientists and successful businessmen, can help us evaluate the significance for students to pursue subjects that interest them. Luminous scientists like Einstein, Tesla or Edison would not be possible to exist if the educational system was build to attract students in courses with a primary role of finding a job. Numerous scientific researches in education have shown that, attending courses that actually require students to select out of a plethora of available courses, engages students in a process of developing self awareness. This process, although it may seem insignificant, composes the key ingredient for success as it forces the students to think what they really want to do in their life. In cohesion with the aforementioned, the results of the researches have shown that students who are allowed by their curriculum to engage in subjects of their likeness tend to have higher grades and be more happy after they graduate.

Furthermore, as with the fundamental role of education, college is not only about rigidly studying a specific field while showing complete ignorance on other topics but it is strongly related with enthusiasm and elation of the learning process. Latest statistics have shown an immense increase of what is known as educational culture. Online educational platforms like Coursera or EDx, have a proliferate number of registered members, people from a variety of cultures, ethnicity and age, all driven by the innate human need to learn new interesting things, without expecting a financial return. This fact suggests that, the freedom to choose whatever you love opens new horizons, as it does not only contributes in your intellectual growth but also in your spiritual.

On the other side of the opinion camp, many would suggest, with a pretext of pragmatism, that students should be encouraged to attend courses that will guarantee their professional future. This argument is rightfully more common in countries where education is not free, like in America for example, where students are indirectly burdened with intuition loans. However, this situation should not be bolstered, at least not in the universities where students should amplify their passion and their innovative spirit and not feeling miserable by reminding them that its all about finding a job and paying bills. Sooner or later, if someone sacrifice his passion on a specific topic, for example literature art or history, to follow a path which, by the social norms, is considered to be more lucrative, like economics and business management, he will end up being depressed. Finally, we have to keep in mind that the mental health statistics for graduate students tend to expose job dissatisfaction as the primary reason of depression and bad health, a situation that should not be promoted by the educational system.

To sum up, according to the aforementioned examples we can conclude that the best choice for colleges is to encourage students to pursue subjects that interest them most. If the fundamental principles of education detracts from what our ancestors have painstakingly set as basis for our civilization, meaning freedom of choice and thought, it is easy to introduce spurious epitomes. Although reality may seem mundane, history has taught us that innovation and spiritual and technological advancement does not steam from rigid educational systems.

system was build to attract
system was built to attract

as it does not only contributes in your intellectual growth but also in your spiritual.
Description: 'Not only...but also' is not used properly.

if someone sacrifice his passion
if someone sacrifices his passion