Educators should take students interests into account when planning the content of the courses they teach Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position y

Educators should take students' interests into account when planning the content of the courses they teach.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

While it may be true that educators should be able to adapt their courses according some factors such as the subject tendencies, new methodologies, reviews, etc. and that taking into accounts the students’ interests to plan the content of the classes would help to improve it and motivate them, there are some factors that should be considered before doing it.

First, there is the issue that most of students, specially freshman, are not prepared or sometimes they do not know what are exactly their interests, nor do they know if their current interests will remain the same through the pass of time and the acquisition of new knowdeldge and skills in their future classes. And while there are cases in which the students are certain of their interests, the educator would have to contact them, or viceversa, in order to establish what are they going to improve or take off the course.

Moreover, if each student has different interests from their classmates, it would create a chaotic situation in which there would be have some kind of consensus to determine what is the interest or interests that would be added to the course. Of course, there is always the possibility that their interests are not related to the class, or even be of actual utility for them in the future.

In contrast to the previous statement, there are some special situations, such as with working students or professional programs in which the students taking the course are more likely to know what they want from it and be able to give some recommendations to make the class more accessible to their necessities. In example, the professional programs for oil and gas industry workers are completely industry related in some Universities´grad programs, because they are designed to satisfy the companies’ needs.

Nonetheless, the preparation of a course to the needs of the students takes time and effort, and in such case one better option could be to take the students suggestions of the present course, and use them to improve the next, using certain standards and being sure that these new implementations are for the overall improvement of the course and the student’s learning.

To summarize, while there are some benefits for taking the students’ interests into account for the planning of the content of a course, there should be a way into doing so if the educator believes it is necessary, always assuring the quality of the content does not diminish, but on the contrary, it improves and fortifies.

there would be have some kind of consensus
there would be some kind of consensus

Sentence: First, there is the issue that most of students, specially freshman, are not prepared or sometimes they do not know what are exactly their interests, nor do they know if their current interests will remain the same through the pass of time and the acquisition of new knowdeldge and skills in their future classes.
Error: knowdeldge Suggestion: knowledge