Learning is primarily a matter of personal discipline; students cannot be motivated by school or college alone.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position y

Learning is primarily a matter of personal discipline; students cannot be motivated by school or college alone.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Currently, it is debatable whether learning is mainly a matter of personal discipline. Some people hold a view that learning can be motivated by school or college since there are a plethora of sources that people can obtain. However, I personally believe that self-education is crucial part in learning since outside sources such schools are limited to motivate students.

Admittedly, educational facilities play an indispensable role in motivating and teaching knowledge to students. To illustrate, through primary and secondary educations, all students are able to obtain a wide array of knowledge and experience in various subjects. This knowledge has become a stepping-stone for many students to decided their major to acquire a deeper understanding of the subjects. If schools did not provide this basic education, students would not be able to become interest in pursuing higher education, and it would be arduous for them to step out of their comfort zone. Therefore, schools and college are an important factor in motivating students’ interest.

However, as the aforementioned argument state, schools alone cannot foster students’ learning; self-motivation on learning is more pivotal. Take Albert Einstein for example. Since his father wanted him to become an electronic engineer, he was forced to attend school to study a wide array of subjects such as history, literature. Einstein was not interested in learning these subjects, so he failed most of them. However, he found his interest in science and mathematics, and his self-discipline in these subjects allowed him to climb the ladder of success as a renowned physician. If schools continuously forced him to study other subjects, he would not be able to become a famous scientist and lionized by people around the world. Therefore, schools alone are not enough to educate students.

In addition, self-education is important when students are not able to obtain formal education. For instance, Abraham Lincoln’s family was mired in poverty and his parents could not afford him to attend school. Due to this adverse economic situation, Abraham Lincoln was not able to obtain basic knowledge from school. However, he confronted with this situation and started to study subjects such as math, literature and history by himself. If he were not initiate self-discipline and fell through the crack, he was not able to practice law in his later life, and become a prominent politician in the United States. Therefore, for those impoverished students, self-discipline is a necessary factor for learning.

In conclusion, although schools are important in fostering students’ motivation in learning, self-discipline is more crucial factor for students to acquire a variety of knowledge and experience. Therefore, we should take an extensive measure to emphasize the importance of both of them.

self-education is crucial part
self-education is a crucial part

self-discipline is more crucial factor
self-discipline is a more crucial factor

Sentence: This knowledge has become a stepping-stone for many students to decided their major to acquire a deeper understanding of the subjects.
Description: The token to is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to to and decided