In most professions and academic fields, imagination is more important than knowledge.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing an

In most professions and academic fields, imagination is more important than knowledge.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

It is popularly believed that in most professions and academic fields, imagination plays more crucial role than knowledge. Although imagination is one of the important facets of human's nature, I cannot agree with the issue due to the fact that without imagination without knowledge will have to repeatedly reinvent "bicycle". Therefore, the superiority of imagination over knowledge is questionable.

To begin with, I assume that importance of imagination for our species is widely acceptable by public. In fact, many scholars from ancient time to nowadays assert that imagination is a crucial facet of humanity which gives us dominance over the nature and other species. For instance, we know that some species of birds may use simple tools such as stick but only humans manage to create complex tools which give our ancestors indispensable advantages over other animals, perhaps, creation of such a primitive stone tool as knife or spike would be literally impossible without imagination. Our ancestor ought to have same kind of image of future tool in order to create it. This example illustrates that imagination is extremely important for us. However, may we aver that it is more important that knowledge?

The answer on the question is "no" due to the fact that without knowledge which we collect and convey to our progeny we might have still lived in the Stone Age by now. Knowledge, its storage and distribution are the features which allow us evolve. For instance, sine the printing press was invented, the development of science and our society have dramatically increased, perhaps, because our knowledge has become more available for many. In other words, we accumulate knowledge and then share it with each other, to illustrate how it works we may look at such profession as surgeon; in order to become a doctor, a person has to have a great volume of knowledge about many subjects from biology and chemistry to anatomy and physiology all of this knowledge have been collected for hundreds of years and was given to him or her at university in relatively short period of time and without this knowledge, it is unthinkable to become a surgeon with or without imagination. Consequently, knowledge is important for our species as well.

Furthermore, as far as I am concerned imagination and knowledge are deeply interwoven with each other and one cannot be effective without the other. For example, our knowledge is created by our imagination; perhaps, without imagination our predecessor from the Stone Age would have not managed to create a stone axe and therefore one would have not been able to share this idea with his or her relatives. At the same time, if our predecessor had only imagination, we would still use only stone tools. In other words, those two features are two sides of the same coin which ought to be considered together. To illustrate the idea we may take a look at the today's professions. All today's jobs from bus driver to engineer require from a person to have specific knowledge and imagination, for instance, a painter is considered as one of professions in which imagination plays crucial role. However, what the painter might have drawn without knowing of painting techniques, geometry, composition etc.? The answer is obvious. Moreover, we may take as an example such profession as engineer which is required from a person to have significant volume of knowledge. But what the engineer can accomplish without imagination? How can one find a problem and elegant solution for it?

In conclusion, although it is widely accepted that imagination is more important in most profession and academic fields, we have demonstrated that imagination and knowledge are two important facets which saturate our lives and attempt to figure out what feature is more important is analogous to attempt to prove which side of a coin is more crucial. In other words, the second would lose its meaning without the first and vice versa.

without imagination without knowledge will have to repeatedly reinvent "bicycle".

in relatively short period of time
in a relatively short period of time

plays crucial role
plays a crucial role

-------------
arguments: OK
-------------

----------------------