In order to become well-rounded individuals, all college students should be required to take courses in which they read poetry, novels, mythology, and other types of imaginative literature.

Two main categories constitute the literature: Documentary literature, and imaginative literature. The first one which is also named literature of facts, deals with the facts and reports and objective issues. The second one, imaginative literature is a genre of literature with which we show our imagination via the production of writing. Now the author of the statement above believes that in order to make the individuals well-rounded, all college students should be required to pass imaginative literature. Despite some potential advantages of this recommendation, I find the reasoning behind this statement flawed.

To begin with, admittedly, we can barely find an all-around individual who is not equipped with the knowledge of imaginative literature as it is a necessary element. Language, is the tool with which we can think. The more our language is sophisticated, the more we can think sophisticatedly. Since imaginative literature makes use of a refined language, those who study this would be influenced positively in order to have a more refined characteristic.

Consider how much the poetry is full of delicacy. With few words poet conveys the deep meaning of something that in the form of prose it might take hundreds of pages to be conveyed. This makes the students who are learning poetry to get distance from redundancy and learn to think and express their thoughts in the shortest and most influential manner. Therefore a full grown characteristic needs sophistication and imaginative literature confers this on him/her.

However, taking a course does not guarantee that the pertaining material would be instilled in the students’ characteristics. The students are obliged to take those courses. So their prime concern would be to pass the exams, not to enjoy the deep learning. The students would regard the task of study as a toil and hardly can find themselves motivated toward these lesson. Therefore with tasking the student to study the courses we cannot necessarily reach our ultimate goal.

Finally, it is an oversimplification fallacy, when the author do not incorporate other main aspects _which one needs to become a well-rounded person_ in the statement. The same people who need to be sophisticated, need to be able to think independently and decide decisively. People to apparel a multidimensional character, should also be altruistic toward others and so on. Furthermore, individuals do not necessarily need to go to the colleges to become be grown in multitude aspects. Besides sophistication, there are far many other aspects of characteristics that an individual can find the value of them by living in the real society.

In short, as discussed, the well-rounded individuals need sophistication, and the imaginative literature confers it upon them. However, people do not need to go exclusively to the colleges to earn this sophistication, all the life’s lessons can be conferred on the individuals in a non-academic milieu, and not exclusively by reading the theories in the books.

when the author do not incorporate other main aspects
when the author does not incorporate other main aspects

Can you put 478 words in real GRE exam in 30 minutes?