People s attitudes are determined more by their immediate situation or surroundings than by society as a whole

People's attitudes are determined more by their immediate situation or surroundings than by society as a whole.

the statement above asserts that immediate surroundings has more determining role on People's attitudes rather than society as a whole. I generally agree with the statement assertion. Attitudes are the way we think or feel about things and the way we evaluate things and people. Our attitudes are taken shape from many factors but every factors should be in direct contact to us to have effect, thus immediate surrounding can be more determining than society as a whole.

To begin with, each society has certain dominant attitudes and societies try to maintain those attitudes by constantly inducing them on people. The benefits of society in dispersing its attitudes, is that it can be espoused by more people, Otherwise the society becomes vulnerable to change which it is intrinsically resistant to it. Consider Iranian society. After 1979 Islamic revolution, a religious society is established in Iran. From then, Iranian society tried hard to establish religious attitudes in people in order to stand against westernization and secularism of west. In having determining role on the people's attitudes, it has its own successes and drawbacks.

Immediate surrounding is more determining than society as a whole because society First needs to reach private and immediate surroundings of people in order to influence their attitudes. Regarding the Iranian society,there are social enclaves that Isolate themselves from the religious society. Alienated from the dominant attitudes of society, people with different attitudes shape communities, they make their own society in order not to be influenced by the larger society. It is from such communities that women like Golshifte Farahani are born and become actresses playing in films that trespasses religious red-lines of Islamic red liens of Iranian society.

However, no immediate surroundings cannot be hermetic to society as a whole and society’s determining role is done by infiltrating in immediate surroundings of people. A conspicuous example is classic conditioning with media. The time which a person is in contact with his or her family than watching or listening to the television channels is becoming lesser and lesser. With the help of Media societies reach their hands into the private and immediate surroundings of people. In Iranian society, media with using religious names in television tries to carry the idea that those people who have names of Imams are good people and bad people are those whose names are not religious. This is a classic conditioning , the mostly utilized methods to induce attitudes in people. To illustrate more, consider advertisements showing a drink beside a group of happy young people, we naturally begin to assume positive attitude toward that drink. In American society consumerism attitudes , in Cuba the thrifty attitudes, is being induced on people. Hence, every society has a determining role in establishment of certain attitudes on its people and with the help of media the complete isolation from society is nearly impossible.

In short, regarding the Iranian society and alienated parts of such society, we see that immediate surroundings can have more determining role in determining the people’s attitudes. Nevertheless, societies with using media play their own determining role on people's attitudes.