People's attitudes are determined more by their immediate situation or surroundings than by society as a whole.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position y

People's attitudes are determined more by their immediate situation or surroundings than by society as a whole.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Are people's attitudes determined more by their immediate situation / surroundings than by society? There is no simple answer on this question because both sides are deeply interwoven with each other and it is hard to distinct when one stops impacting and the second is starting. However, as far as I am concerned the main role in creating our attitudes to reality belongs to society as a whole and thus I disagree with the issue. In the first paragraph we will try to figure out the connection and relations between society and immediate situation in determining our attitudes and then we will take more closer look at both sides.

To begin with, perhaps, this analogy may clarify my stance about the primal role of society in our life, we may compare the issue with any command sport game such as basketball or football. Society has created rules and traditions of the play, it sets understanding of appropriate and wrong behavior thus, society plays fundamental on our views; however, players have to adjust their behavior to constantly changing situations on the field and thus they react on them. Consequently, two sides are deeply connected and one cannot exist without the second but the society which create the common and acceptable rules is primal.

So, as it was said above a role of society in determining our attitudes is enormous due to the fact that it forms our system of values / rules of the play. In other words, society in which we were brought up gives us measurements of bad and good or appropriate and inappropriate as well as it determine our attitudes to the nature and others. Perhaps, the best way to demonstrate the role of society is to display what happens if a healthy human being is accidently deprived of society. In rural areas of India exists a legend which has a plethora of scientific evidence that sometimes, human child may be grown up by animals. Psychologists named those children Mowgli as a book hero. The children cannot speak, have no ethical or moral norms; in other words, without social influence a man remains a speechless anima who has no attitudes to the reality in our understanding of this word. Consequently, we may aver that society as a whole plays the essential role in human’s development.

However, a human being, of course, reacts and adjusts one’s behavior and attitudes to situation in which a person lives. For example, a person who moves abroad will probably absorb traditions of new society, its habits and attitudes. To illustrate an idea, we may imagine a person who used to live in Saudi Arabia a country where women are forbidden from many activities, perhaps the person accept this attitude. However, the perception of women as a second class person who cannot vote, appear on public without a male member of family will be adjusted for new conditions under pressure of new surroundings. This change may be illustrated by our analogy. A person, who used to play basketball and obey the rules of the game, will have to accept new rules in case, he or she will play, for instance, football. Consequently, the even if we can adapt our attitudes to immediate situation the main role still belongs to society.

In conclusion, there is no secret that our attitudes are a product of immediate situation and society as a whole. We also know that both parts are important but at the same time, the most essential and fundamental role in determining our attitudes belongs to society owing to the fact that it creates our system of value via which we look at the world and by which we measure the reality and decide what we think about it.

Sentence: The children cannot speak, have no ethical or moral norms; in other words, without social influence a man remains a speechless anima who has no attitudes to the reality in our understanding of this word.
Error: anima Suggestion: animal

----------------------
arguments: OK

There are two 'however' in one paragraph.

---------------------