Technology creates more problem than it solves.
Whether technology enhances or diminishes our overall quality of life depends largely on type of technology one is considering. While mechanical may have diminished our quality of life on balance, digital automation is doing more to improve life than to undermine its quality.
First consider mechanical automation, particularly assembly line manufacturing. With automation came a loss of pride in and alienation from one' s work. In this sense, automation both diminished or quality of life and rendered us slaves to machines in our inability to reverse "progress." Admittedly, mechanical automation spawned entire industries, creating jobs, stimulating economic growth, and supplying a plethora of innovative conveniences. Nevertheless, the sociological and environmental price of progress may have outweihed its benefits.
Next consider digital technology. Admittedly, this newer form of technology has brought its own brand of alienation, and has adversely affected our quality
- All nations should help support a global university designed to engage students in the process of solving the world s most persistent problems66
- The way people look dress and act reveals their attitude and interest You can tell much about society s ideas and values by observing the appearance and behavior of its people58
- Most culture encourages individuals to sacrifice a large part of their personalities in order to be like other people Thus most people are afraid to think or behave differently because they do not want to be excluded50
- Teacher s salary should be based on their student s academic performance62
- Over the past year the Crust Copper Company CCC has purchased over 10 000 square miles of land in the tropical nation of West Fredonia Mining copper on this land will inevitably result in pollution and since West Fredonia is the home of several endangered58