Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student s field of study

Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.

Even more than 2000 years backed the education had already played a huge role for the human generation, especially in the Ancient Greece. Moreover, it had been developing more or less at the proportional pace over the world up to the 20thcentury, when the population started growing at the unprecedented rate and as well did the requirement of educated people in the great variety of academic fields – from the old good math academy to absolutely innovation and new sphere of computer- programming.
so, inevitably, it is almost impossible to overestimate the universities’ role in rising and bringing up the new bright brains. however, in the race of the modern worlds it has become not ample to be just a specialist in one field – it seems that upcoming generations must be more and more educated and be able to support any discussion. Apparently, the education system must push its students to take much more courses outside their fields of study or must not?
Undoubtedly, for delving into this question, we should take the closer look at the cutting-edge researches. so, while one may be convinced that any person should be simultaneously mathematician and artist and politician etc, a number of recently published researched papers argue that this is not in fact a case and it is almost fruitless to rush of getting knowledge in all fields.
First of all, the current progress in any sphere has already achieved quite high level, so it should not come as surprise that approaching more or less an appropriate level of knowledge (here we are not talking about making academic research or breakthrough) requires years and years of studying and burying yourself in the academic books.
Secondly, pushing and musting have been never successful in the recorded history due to the nature of human beings. inevitably, the strict requirements and rules of being involved in non-hunting and not attention-catching subjects seem not to be able to create the all-sides educated generation. having mentioned all above points, it can be mistakenly concluded that there must be an obvious answer to the topic – not, universities shouldnot.
however, on the other side of this topics there should be said that the basic knowledge and abilities, for example, the three Rs, literacy and numeracy, must be given to all students. The educational system should encourage not require not only the current students, but all population to be involved in lifelong education which by the way it is accessible for a huge amount of population. Additionally, taking into consideration the current tendencies in the world, there must be several basic fields of education which can be a base for further developing. For instance, there could be math background education, got in 3-4 years, and the additional year for exceling in the certain field, for example, in economy or biology. In this case, any person would be able to be developing over the life, changing the sphere of work.
All thing considered, it can be concluded that we are at the edge of revolution of education system – more and more new fields appear, more and more researches are published. never in the human’s history has the amount of knowledge been, as it is today. there is no need to back to the old-fashioned approaches in education rather than to embrace the positive posture to new directions and systems.