Claim Imagination is a more valuable asset than experience Reason People who lack experience are free to imagine what is possible without the constraints of established habits and attitudes

Claim: Imagination is a more valuable asset than experience.
Reason: People who lack experience are free to imagine what is possible without the constraints of established habits and attitudes.

Over the thousands and thousands of years the human race has been developing at significant velocity. The knowledge that we have today – from a number of breath-taking art masterpieces to spacecrafts crossing the space - is the aftermath of our activity and enduring disposition of curiosity, the knowledge that we have today is because some dared to challenge the prevailing ideas of their times. Since there appeared a recorded history people have been arguing a lot what either the experience of past or the ability to hypothesize unprecedented ideas plays a crucial role in developing our civilization.
For delving into the question, let consider the years before our era, when there was some knowledge in different spheres, but they were negligible – physics, math, literature etc.– and there were a lot of philosophies who were questioning the world around. This was “easy” time for supposing something fresh and any activity was quite fruitful. That time without critical thinking and imagination that is so prevailing to us would be futile. Until approximately the middle of 15th century of our era the human beings had been collecting knowledge, however the last five centuries were the most advantage for us, especially the 21th century – the century of the most considerable breakouts in the recorded history.
Moving further along the main thought, this is in fact a case that with collecting information it started getting more complicated to take another step in any direction which means that for more or less innovative fresh ideas, research a person must have already known some information. For illustrating the famous writer, John Tolkien, - his stories have already captivated a lot of people over the world. The fantasy worlds of hobbits and elves who are living in endless greenish forests and hollows with convoluted paths and spectacular views seem to be the result of the author’s imagination. Undoubtedly, it’s true, so as well is the result of his experience and read books, scriptures.
All things considered; it could be infallibly concluded that Had not been for the trade-off between experience, knowledge and enduring curiosity, imagination, there would have not been such a progress that we have nowadays. Inevitably, there is no need to retreat to Luddite attitude to any extreme point of view – either only experience or imagination is beneficial in developing- rather than to bolster both of them and look for the balance.