Essay topics: Compare the advantages and disadvantages of three of the following as media for communicating information. State which you consider to be the most effective.
You should write at least 250 words.
Today, we live in the modern world and we need some tools for communication. Fortunately, we have various types of media such as books, radio, TV, film, theater, comics, which are used for communication. All these have some advantages and disadvantages. In this essay I consider three item of this category include TV, radio and books.
In my opinion, books have had undoubted effect on people life. For many years, books were only way for communication. Nowadays, we can find a lot of old books that were written many years ago. Books have a lot of advantages. Books are known as valuable source for record information, theories and so on. We can access them all the time. Unfortunately, books have some disadvantages. Firstly, if books are not maintained carefully, they will be destroyed. Secondly, books are written in different languages, so sometimes when they are translated, some of their concept in destination languages is changed. Finally, communication through books is offline.
In the beginning of twenty century, Lumiere brothers introduced industrial of cinema to the world. Because of their invention, today we have TV and radio. TV and radio in some way are similar. Both of them are based on online communication between people. We have a lot of live programs on TV and radio. We can follow online news from whole world. Besides, both of them are used for commercial proposed too. For example, daily a lot of advertising are shown in TV. There is no limited for time, channel and type of programs which are made for TV or radio. The most different between TV and radio is TV has picture, so people can see picture and video through TV.
Some people believe, watching TV is wasting their time, because unlike radio, they cannot listen to TV and do their other activities. Moreover, because of commercial nature of some programs in TV or radio, they try to change people life style whether in good ways or bad ways.
To sum up, I prefer to read a book than watch TV or listen to radio, because reading a book increase brain activities.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||Nasya||61||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||YenNgo||73||Read full essay|
|6 months 3 weeks ago||mdwenzel||61||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 months ago||tvaishnavi||67||Read full essay|
|1 year 3 months ago||FlorinHF||84||Read full essay|
|1 year 3 months ago||FlorinHF||87||Read full essay|
|2 years 9 months ago||battulakeerthisri||70||Read full essay|
|2 years 11 months ago||dzetto||60||Read full essay|
|3 years 5 months ago||pd010||60||Read full essay|
|3 years 5 months ago||kya||70||Read full essay|
- You have applied for a course in a college, but there were no places available. Write a letter to the principal and ask to enrol for the next available course. Include the following:- Why do you want to do this course?- What other options would you like t (58.6667)
- You are going to travel soon. Write to your neighbor and ask for help. In your letter say– Why do you need help?– What do you need him/her to do, and when?– What should he/she do if anything happens? (55.3333)
- You ordered an item on a company website, which should have been delivered the next day, but it never turned up. Write a letter to the manager and say- what was the item- why it was important that you get it immediately- what you suggest the company shoul (89)
- Some people say that cities are a better place for children to grow up in, while others believe countryside is the right choice. Discuss both views, give your own opinion and examples (73)
- You are an employee in an office, working on one big project together with your colleagues. Write a letter to your manager to inform him/her that some of the employees make mistakes that affect your work. In your letter say- What mistakes have you encount (85)
- Write a letter to your manager about a new colleague, who makes things difficult at work for all of your team.- Describe why he/she makes it difficult.- Describe your feelings regarding the situation.- What do you want your manager to do about it? (70)
- Some people say that living in high-rise apartments feels very lonely and makes people unhappy. Others say there are advantages to living in a big apartment building. Discuss both views and give your own opinion (84)
- You forgot something important on the bus you traveled on. Write a letter to the bus company and say- Describe what you are looking for.- You phoned the company before, but their response didn’t help you (explain why).- What do you want the manager to d (66.66670000000001)
- You recently discovered that there are plans to build a new airport in your area and you are not happy with it. Write a letter to the local authority and say:– How did you get to know about the plans?– What problems will your neighborhood face?– Sug (70)
- One of your friends invited you for a meal with his/her family in their home. Write a letter to your friend and say:- Thank them and tell what you have enjoyed the most.- How do you feel about this visit?- Suggest some arrangements to invite them to your (71.66670000000001)