Creative artists should always be given the freedom to express their own ideas (in words, pictures, music or films) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this o

Creative artists should always be given the freedom to express their own ideas (in words, pictures, music or films) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

There is every likelihood that modern artists have played a significant part in not only entertaining people also reflecting the realities of life. They have definitely received much more freedom than they did in the past. However, whether government should grant permission for these artists to express their ideas in whatever manner they want or restrain them by certain regulations has raised different arguments among people of concern.

It is a fact that without limitations, there will be more gorgeous works from artists. When they have a chance to express their own self, they are believed to go out of their confines and create impressive art works. For example, it is quite easy to see performances in the streets showing drawings, singing and dancing talents. They are all attention-grabbing as a consequence of the fact that there is no control to put them under pressure to imagine and do their creative activities.

By contrast, there is mounting evidence that many artists are now losing their control and using inappropriate elements like using unfavorable words in their songs or taking offensive photos. These kinds of "art" are all against precious value of culture and moral rules and, without doubt, exert audience, especially young generation and lead them astray as a result.

More seriously, it is thought that the creation can impact public's attitude, thus some artists may misuse the freedom of expression. They abuse their right to spread their religious and political belief. No doubt it breaks the law and result in the social instability.

All in all, from my own point of view, creative artists should be encouraged to do their jobs without any limitation. However, this freedom must be under the control of certain restrictions. The government has an obligation to direct artists to go in right way and eliminate the adverse factors induced by bad-mannered ones.