The figure below is a town planning map showing the likely position of two new shopping centers as well as the various diffenent zones and major transportation routes of the town

The figure below is a town planning map, showing the likely position of two new shopping centers as well as the various diffenent zones and major transportation routes of the town.

A glance at the map provided reveals two potential locations for a newly-planned shopping center in a small town with various zones and transport systems.

As it can be seen from the map, the first location is shopping center A, which may be sited in the Central Business District of the town, where any traffic would be prohibited. Since this district is embedded in the residential zone expanding to the suburbs, it would be quite convenient for the local residents to get access there. In addition, due to the three main roads linking other three towns outside the countryside, and also a railway line running from the north-west of the countryside to the south, passing through the Central Business District, theoretically, it should be of great accessibility for more potential customers from other three towns, but due to no traffic regulation here, parking lot would be unavailable.

In contrast, the shopping center B which would be situated in the north-west of the countryside, may provide spacious area for car-parking. Beside, because it may be located between the main road and railway line reaching to the north-wet, it would be more accessible for residents in the north-west town and local areas, but quite time-consuming for the inhabitants from other towns.

In general , both positions have their pros and cons. Position A is ideal for its central location but troublesome for car parking. Position B addresses the car-parking issue very well but fails to be accessible to residents from all the towns.