History Of Juang

History Of Juang

Once upon a time, a little boy came to a small room and studied math. He knew that math should be fun as what he always been expected after watching Sherlock Holmes. Then, he realized -after taking a few hours to study- that he knew nothing about math: He got the answer, but he was not sure that the teacher would like the answer. Finally, he took a deep breath and came to his teacher, “My problem is not about math, but is about you!” The teacher was shocked. He reflected it for a while and came to the conclusion, “.” Is it really the case?

Nowadays, technology gives us bunch ways to study. The student engagement with lecture on class is never been the same with what happens one or two decade ago. In some schools, teachers have flipped his responsibility from the source of knowledge to mere facilitator. They encourage student curiosity and let them find the answer for their problem from difference source- it can be book, Wikipedia, or blog. After long hours of finding and coming with numerous of possible answer, discussion is held. Does it great? Students come with different problems, and teachers facilitate its pupils to find the answer that matters most to them. I think it was great.

Let’s imagine what happed with school and teacher a decade earlier, teacher though in front of the class and lecturing the whole of them with the same problem. A student was treated in the same way. The fundamental assumption for giving a lecture like this is that the student has a same level of proficiency. Then, they will have a mastery level almost in the same time. However, we have attached to this model and intuitively think that there is no alternative. Hey dude, the alternative is there but is the whole system ready for it? I mean, education has been linking with many industrial activities. Give another alternative is a break of those. I also cannot speculate this education’s model is failed to fulfill students’ curiosity, there are myriad numbers of geniuses who birth from this model.

Does Stark in his book, don’t go back to school is right?,” the problem is not about education, but it is the lack of alternatives.” or Are the teachers flipping their responsibility to be a ‘curiosity stopper’?