More and more students are choosing to study at colleges and universities in a foreign country Do the benefits of studying abroad outweigh the drawbacks

More and more students are choosing to study at colleges and universities in a foreign country. Do the benefits of studying abroad outweigh the drawbacks?

It is true that nowadays the number of students who are going for studies in foreign countries to further develop their future career is on the increase. While there are many advantages of it, there are also some disadvantages which are worth considering.

Studying overseas has numerous benefits. Firstly, many students travel abroad to study at a prestigious university. The main reason is that the best universities employ lecturers who are experts in their fields. As a result, they get a chance to work with them and can learn and experience skills which can open door for them to better job opportunities. Secondly, living in a foreign country can broaden students’ horizons and students are exposed by foreign cultures and customs which are useful for their professional life to communicate with foreign colleagues. They can also immerse themselves in a language. Finally, they become more independent and are responsible for cooking, cleaning and paying bills which make them more confident.

On the other hand, the disadvantages of studying overseas cannot be avoided. Firstly, living away from home can be challenging. Students have problems with paperwork such as visa application and the language barrier can cause difficulties. Secondly, students have to find accommodation for themselves and pay bills. At the same time, studying in a foreign language is another major problem. Finally, living alone in an unfamiliar culture can cause homesickness and some students also experience culture shock.

My conclusion is then that there are more advantages than disadvantages of studying overseas. So, it is necessary for students to go abroad for studies to develop their future career and accustomed with different culture.