Older people think the world was a better place when they were young Do you agree or disagree Give your opinion

Older people think the world was a better place when they were young. Do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion.

Our world is changed during many years and it is not same as past. Undoubtedly, the most changes are occurred during two or three decades ago. Most of the older people believe current world is not good place for living and their good time belong when they were young.

In my opinion, in some way this idea is true. First of all, air was not polluted as today. Population was low and there was no traffic jam in streets. People had more free time and had less stress in their daily life. Rate of employment was low, besides rate of crime was low too. People could trust each other and they did not lie as us.

On top of all, we cannot deny some benefit that we have today. Tanks to technology, our live are become easier than the past. Today, we can be in touch with anybody in anywhere just by using the internet or cell phone and so on. However, in the past people could used mail or telegram or phone. For instance, if they had some relative who live aboard and mailed them, their mail delivered after one or more month. Furthermore, nowadays, we have a lot of improvement in medical filed. We found treatment for many of uncured diseases.

To sum up, if I have a choice between live in current world or live in the past world, I will choose past world. It is true there is a lot of improvement, but life was so simple and pure in the past.

Sentence: However, in the past people could used mail or telegram or phone.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to could and used

For instance, if they had some relative who live aboard
For instance, if they had some relatives who live aboard