In the past most people lived in small villages where everyone knew everyone else Nowadays most people live in large cities where they only know a few people in their area What do you think were the advantages and disadvantages of living in a small co

Nowadays, people prefer living in large cities to living in small communities because of the benefits it had brought to them. In the past, there were advantages and disadvantages of living in a small community.

I believe there were three main advantages. Firstly, because they lived in a small area, everyone knew everyone well. They had good relationship between each other. Therefore, when you had problems, they would help you. Secondly, cars in a small region were not as many as in a big city so that would be less traffic accidents. Children could play safely on the street. Finally, the limitation of population made people unwilling to do crimes. Because of this, you may not have to worried about murderers.

I think the biggest disadvantage is about the facilities. For example, a big city could provide better hospitals, schools or jobs to its residents. In a small village, it was hard to find a well-paid job. Because schools in some small villages did not have enough equipment. Therefore, children could not earn as much knowledge as children lived in big cities. Besides, because people lived in a small region, they could not hide anything to their neighbors. The neighbors would know everything about you and you were not able to have a private life, it was very uncomfortable.

After reviewing the advantages and disadvantages, I prefer the advantages to the disadvantages of living in a small community.