In the past, shopping was a routine domestic task. Many people nowadays regard it as a hobby. To what extent do you think this is a positive trend?

Nowadays shopping has become more and more relevant in all developed countries and it is mainly viewed as a hobby. Nevertheless, this has not always been the case as far as in the past it was only an impellent necessity. It is common to think of this phenomenon as a consequence of consumerism and, I must say, it is not always seen as a positive characteristic.

In fact, it is considered that this idea of shopping as a hobby may drive people to be less aware for what it concerns the value of money. This, according to this view, might cause people to purchase useless objects that, at first, may be seen as the most amazing things in this world and that, sooner or later, will be discarded.

Right now, I cannot even realize how many times I have been in this situation but it is undeniable that it has happened too often. I can call to mind one occasion in particular. When I was eight years old, I had been whining for a long time, I think a month, because I deeply desired what I considered was the most precious and attractive toy car ever. Eventually, I obtained what I Wanted but it did not take a long time to me to become annoyed by that toy and discard it.

At that age I did not have the rational means to realize it was just a selfish desire proper of spoilt children but, growing up and thinking back to that fact, which, of course, was not an occasional event, I have become aware of the dangers of “extreme” consumerism and of what it takes to earn the money that I used to spend thus excessively.

In conclusion, it must be pointed out that shopping is not, of course, an evil of our capitalistic society, as someone can think, but, such as in every aspect of life, it is necessary to find a balance and, especially, recognize that money is earned thanks to hard work and fatigue and cannot be wasted in pointless objects as it occurs sometimes.I

Sentence: Nevertheless, this has not always been the case as far as in the past it was only an impellent necessity.
Error: impellent Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: At that age I did not have the rational means to realize it was just a selfish desire proper of spoilt children but, growing up and thinking back to that fact, which, of course, was not an occasional event, I have become aware of the dangers of extreme consumerism and of what it takes to earn the money that I used to spend thus excessively.
Error: spoilt Suggestion: spoil

Read this link to understand What is sentence length SD:
http://www.testbig.com/question/questions-about-essay-e-rater