People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). 
Why do you think people attend college or university?

It remains undeniable that, in recent years, the number of people attending college or university has skyrocketed. There are obviously several reasons behind such an increase in the number of people attending such institutions and shall be discussed in the following paragraphs.

To begin with, the main reason people attend college or university is to gain further education. Since the early days, people have a habit of broadening their knowledge by attending colleges. It is very recent that these trends have gained extreme popularity. An increased number of colleges and universities prove that the demand is elevating and this is all happening because of people’s desire to obtain further education of their interest and sharpen their knowledge. Likewise, Organizations and employers constantly seek an appropriate qualified candidate who has had an education from top ranked universities. As such, to meet the criteria set by those organizations, people do not hesitate attending universities or colleges.

Growing competition, similarly, is another boosting factor that causes people to gain education from colleges or universities. As we know, the number of qualified people is rising everyday and the selection of an appropriate candidate has been an extremely difficult task for employers because everyone is equally qualified. Hence, in such a circumstance, they are distinguished by looking at their education history. For instance, the top marked candidate will be given priority than those who hardly went to college.

In conclusion, it is very true that increasing demand for college and university education is increasing rapidly over the past years. Several reasons like gaining further education, sharpening the required knowledge and meet the market demand play an important role in people’s behavior of gaining college or university education.