Essay topics: Popular events like the football world cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Throughout the history people have faced a lot of problems that have led to social tension among different nations or countries. Nationalism can be stated as one of the main international problems. A lot of measures have been taken to prevent people from expressing excessive patriotism and many people think popular sport events, such as football World Cup, Olympic Games and etc. can be very useful means to put the patriotic feelings of people in a right way. I agree with this idea as a sport fan and I will try to explain my view point below.
First of all, in my opinion great sport occasions are very succesful method to bring people belonging to various nations and countries togeher. As thousands of people go to watch these occasions, they have chance to know one another and it is clear that when we try to know people, we see no matter which country, nation and race they belong to, they are human like us, and we mustn't see them as our enemies.
Secondly, when we watch sport events, we observe a lot of sportsmen, whose national identities are different from us, as we appreciate them as representatives of their nations, when we feel sympathy for them, we usually feel sypmathy for their nation. I mean well known sport occasions help us to throw away negative feelings about strange nations from our brains and those events sometimes even create positive feelings about them.
However, I can't deny the fact that, unfortunately, sometimes great sport events trigger social tension. For instance, during many occasions fanatic sport fans-hooligans have had many battles with the opponent supporters and they have attempted to insult their rivals with their slogans.
To sum it up, although during some sport events there have been some problems among fanatic supporters, because of the above mentioned reasons, I consider big sport events create positive social atmosphere.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 week 2 min ago||ishpinder45||73||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 5 days ago||Nguyễn Thị Ngọc Dung||73||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 6 days ago||Rakap||89||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||sana23||73||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 day ago||BIBHU KALITA||78||Read full essay|
|2 months 4 days ago||itsrahulsolanki||84||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||Tran Mai Phuong||84||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||yasamin27||56||Read full essay|
|3 months 4 days ago||Kunal Bajaj||73||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||amanda.mosby||78||Read full essay|
- The picture below shows Bell Hill farm in 1976 and the changes that took place in 2006. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparison where relevant. (90)
- The diagram below shows the life cycle of a frog. Write a report for a university lecturer, describing the information shown below. (71.4286)
- The pictures below show how someone can be tracked using an electronic tracking device. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown. (82)
- The diagrams below show two stages in the development of the mobile phone. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (86.6667)
- The diagrams below show the life cycle of the silkworm and the stages in the production of silk cloth. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (73.75)
- The diagram below shows how the Japanese Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce reliable forecasts. Write a report for a university lecturer, describing the information shown below. (85)
- The graphs below show the percentage of household energy used and the amount of greenhouse gases produced in Australia. Summarise the information making comparisons where relevant. (90)
- The graph shows the proportion of the population aged 65 and over between 1940 and 2040 in three different countries. (65)
- The graph shows the unemployment rates in the us and japan between march 1993 and march 1999. (80)
- You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.The graph below shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make (90)