Essay topics: Some parents and teachers believe that children’s behaviour should be strictly controlled, while others think that children should be allowed to grow up in their own way. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
This is a fact that children are our future hope and they’ll make the future, so their upbringing is very important. Although some people believe children’s behavior should be controlled, others think they should grew up freely. I agree both views up to a point.
Actually people’s manner and the way they behave shape in their childhood so it’s very important to control children’s behavior but in a way they don’t feel it directly. Because if they feel you control every detail of what they do, they’ll miss the opportunity to do the wrong things and they won’t learn from their bad behaviors and their mistakes. Moreover, this control can become a habit for them that if somebody control them they behave correctly and whenever they aren’t controlled they behave in a bad way.
On the other hand, we can’t let children to grew up in their own way because they are still young and they can’t recognize what behavior is right or wrong. They need somebody who lead them and warn them about their behavior. Parents and teachers should be aware about the way they treat them because if children feel they are strictly under control they will loose their confidence in the future.
To sum up, both ideas need to be revised. Children need to be controlled but not strictly and in a way they feel they miss their freedom. They should have their parents and their teachers in their sides and learn how to behave in a good way.
- Being a celebrity - such as a famous film star or sport personality - brings problems as well as benefits. Do you think that being a celebrity brings more benefits or more problems? (78)
- Children who are brought up in families that do not have large amounts of money are better prepared to deal with the problems of adult life than children brought up by wealthy parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (67)
- Some people think that governments should give financial support to creative artists such as painters and musicians. Others believe that creative artists should be funded by alternative sources. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (56)
- Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages? (73)
- You have borrowed something from your friend for a party and unfortunately it was damaged. Write a letter to your friend to apologise and say– What and when did you borrow?– What happened to it? Why?– What do you suggest to do about it? (73)
- Nowadays congestion and traffic jams are a common and major problem in most cities. Some people believe it is a good idea to construct wider roads to resolve this issue. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? What can be the solution, in your opini (73)
- Some people believe that playing a musical instrument can be beneficial in many different ways. Others think it is a waste of time to play a musical instrument. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (56.5)
- Recently a business group visited your work place and someone left something behind. Write a letter to the leader of the business group and say– How you and your co-workers enjoyed their visit,– Who the item belongs to and what the item is,– Suggest (56)
- The company you work for is opening a new branch in another country and you would like to work there. Write a letter to your manager and say– Why are you suitable to work in that country?– What job would you like to take in the new office?– Ask abou (73)
- Nowadays people buy a lot of things even though they don’t really need them.Why is it happening, in your opinion? Is it a positive or negative trend for the individual and the society? (79)