Essay topics: Some people argue that cars should be banned in city centres while others are against this idea. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
In Modern Life cars play an important role in daily activities. It's one of the inventions that make human's life much easier, meanwhile it has it's own drawbacks as well such as pollution, traffic and noise. Some people believe that although cars are useful, they should be banned in city center while other group of individuals are totally against it.
According first point of view, cars make the environment polluted and noisy and conclude that it should be banned in city center which is too crowded. They believe people have to waste their valuable time in heavy traffic jams. Moreover, they believe by reducing the number of cars in the streets government can save a huge amount of petrol.
There is another view which is against the previous one. People of this group believe that government shouldn't banned cars in city center because a large group of people live and work in this area not in country side. In their point of view there are solutions for solving the former problems. For instance, by building multi-story parking spaces we can reduce the traffic problem because many cars are waiting and rounding to find a parking space which makes traffic jam or by using clean fuels for cars the pollution problem can be solved. In the worst situation, for reducing the number of cars government can divided cars into 2 groups by their number plates for entering the city center area .
To sum up, in my opinion it's not essential to ban cars. Government can train people about using cars. It will be beneficial specially if they train children who are our next generation. The can spread using bicycles instead of cars in some hectic areas.
- Some people believe that the salaries paid to professional sportspeople are too high, while others argue that sports salaries are fair.Discuss both views and give your opinion. (89)
- You are a university student living in on-campus accommodation. You are having someproblems with the internet connection in your room.Write to the supervisor of your residence. In your letter Introduce yourself Inform him / her of the si (73)
- An old friend of yours is coming to visit your city. You had planned to meet him at theairport, but something has come up and you will not be able to make it there on time.Write to your friend. In your letter Explain the situation Offer to make alte (56)
- You recently went to Australia for a holiday. However, your return flight was delayed by a day.Write a letter to the airline company. In your letter: Introduce yourself Complain about the delay Explain the problems that it caused you Ask for (78)
- Smoking is a major cause of serious illness and death throughout the world today. In the interest of the public heath, governments should ban cigarettes and other tobacco products. Do you agree or disagree? (73)
- You have a friend who lives in a city abroad. You have decided that you would like to apply to do a course at one of the colleges in this city. Write to your friendexplain what you like to doexplain what kind of work or studies you have been doing for the (73)
- You are a student in a college and have not yet completed an important assignment for your course. You are writing a letter to your tutorApologize for the delayExplain why it is lateRequest an extension (73)
- Some people think that museums should be enjoyable places to entertain people, while others believe that the purpose of museums is to educate.Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (89)
- Individuals should not be allowed to carry guns as it increases the crime and violence in the society. TO what extent do you agree or disagree,give your own opinion? (78)
- Some people believe that studying at university or college is the best route to a successful career, while others believe that it is better to get a job straight after school. Discuss both views and give your opinion (78)