Some people argue that secondary school students should lean a subject about international news,while other people believe that it is a waste of school time. Describe the both arguments and say your opinion

There is no doubt that studying in the secondary school is essential because students acquire many skills which will be useful in the future there. That is why some people believe that secondary school students should learn a subject about international news. However, others think that school time should be spent on learning other subjects, just in case students are in their way of finishing school. Both of these views will be discussed in this essay and personal opinion will be stated in the end.

First of all, let us consider why secondary school students should study a subject which is related to international news. Doubtless, it is an excellent way of being informed about the world news without watching television. Students will discuss some of the issues and share important news with each other throughout the lesson. This means they will not spend plenty of hours watching news on TV at home. Consequently, pupils will have much time to study and do their needs. Secondly, learning international news at school is a good way to enrich your vocabulary. For instance, students will prepare some articles and then give a speech to their classmates. This will also increase their level of self-confidence, while speaking in front of the audience.

However, there is another side of a coin. It is becoming harder to apply to university these days. So students have to study their basic subjects really hard. Therefore, spending a valuable time on learning international news is a bad idea. Instead, students have to concentrate on other important subjects like mathematics or history just in case they wish to apply to university.

All in all, I think that secondary school students should not learn a subject about international news, because it is a waste of time. Teaching it at university will be a better idea. Definitely, this will be very useful for some students who are studying international relations, for example.