To some people studying the past has little value in the modern world. Why do you think it is important to do so? What will be the effect if children are not taught history?

Many people think that everyone should know history because it is important to the society, but others do not agree, claiming that there are no benefits in learning it and studying the past has little value in the modern world.

Let us start with considering the fact that history is very important for everyone, so that everyone can learn a lesson from it. Studying the history helps people avoid repeated mistakes that happened in the past. For example, politicians know the disadvantages of war, and try to keep peace in the world by all means. Moreover, people can improve their living standards with different inventions which are based on the knowledge and experience gained from the past. Only by understanding the history and past mistakes, we can find the way to be successful, and avoid making the same risks that had happened in the past.

Another good thing about studying history is that nowadays, there are a lot of opportunities to learn it, especially for students and children. For example, they can use the Internet in order to find some historical pictures and search for information about it. Also visiting museums can be the best decision. As a result, children will have a clear picture of any historical event. The other important point of learning history is that it provides us information about our ancestors, lifestyle they had. Doubtless, everyone has to know all traditions of his culture and history is a great source of it.

To draw the conclusion, I wholeheartedly disagree with the opinion that studying the past has no value, because the modern developments are the result of the past mistakes and future progress is up to today’s achievements.

Sentence: Another good thing about studying history is that nowadays, there are a lot of opportunities to learn it, especially for students and children.
Suggestion: Another good thing about studying history is that nowadays, there are a lot of opportunities to learn, especially for students and children.