Tips for IELTS listening part
The IELTS listening part is RELATIVELY easy but this does not mean that you take it lightly and do not prepare for it.
1.The questions are in SETS and you hear tape recording for one set at a time.
2. Glance through the SET of questions for which you will be hearing the tape.
3.Read the questions & find out what SPECIFIC information is required (name, place, date, number etc)
4. Circle key words (Clue/trigger words)
5. When the tape plays listen intently when you think your specific information will come.
1. Kevin is arriving London at __________
2. Dave will be waiting for Kevin at __________
3. Kevin will be wearing a ___________
4. Dave will be accompanied by ______________
5. Kevin is coming for______________
It is obvious from above that the key word for 1 is at & you will be writing TIME.
In 2 you will write a PLACE. In 3 CLOTHES, in 4 PERSON ACCOMPANYING DAVE & in 5 PURPOSE of visit. So you have already guessed what to listen for!
Listen to English program on RADIO at least half an hour a day. Two things are important; RADIO not TV, because TV is visual & scenes & visuals easily distract us. The next important thing is LISTEN & not just hear!