The two graphs show the main sources of energy in the USA in the 1980s and the 1990s.
Write a report for a university lecturer describing the changes which occurred.
The two pie charts show the amount of energy produced by different sources in USA in 1980 and 1990. Overall, the proportion of energy generated by oil and natural gas declined in ten years, while coal and nuclear power accounted for making more energy in 1990 than in 1980 and hydroelectric power, being the only exception produced the least amount of energy in both time period.
To begin with, the amount of energy made by oil was just below half of the total energy(42%), which dropped by 8% and was responsible for making one third of total energy in 1990. Likewise, the percentage of energy gained from natural gas decreased by 1% in 10 years and one quarter of total energy came from this source in 1990.
On the other hand, coal and nuclear power are the two categories of sources which increased their energy production by 5% in a decade and finished the period at 27% and 10% respectively. Hydroelectric power, which accounted for only 5% of total energy production in 1980, remained unchanged over the 10 year time frame.
- Some people think that government should have different amount of holidays according to their profession. To what extent do you agree or disagree with? 95
- Finding a job for youth after leaving school has become more difficult.What problem does youth employment cause for individual and society? What measures can be taken to reduce the level of unemployment ? 57
- Some people think that the best way to reduce crime is to give longer prison sentences Others however believe there are better alternative ways of reducing crime Discuss both views and give your opinion 79
- Some people think that it is more important for the government to spend money to promote healthy lifestyle to prevent disease than to spend it on treatment for people who are already ill. To what extent to you agree or disagree? 85
- Traveling by air is much cheaper and more convenient than before, but it also brings some environmental pollution. Discuss both view and give your opinion. 75
Pay attention to your language like:
'and finished the period at 27% and 10% respectively...'
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 6.5 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 6 10
No. of Words: 181 200
No. of Characters: 825 1000
No. of Different Words: 92 100
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 3.668 4.0
Average Word Length: 4.558 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.484 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 54 60
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 33 50
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 24 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 17 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 30.167 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 9.353 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.667 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.562 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.78 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.219 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 3 4