Universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject. To what extend do you agree or disagree?

One of the up-to-date topic in the world is gender which is discussed in many academic forums, and related to many life aspects including education. Although gender issue has become a global topic since the last decade, it does not mean that proportion of men and women who study subjects in universities must be alike.

There are compelling reasons supporting the statement above. First of all, students both man and woman have the same opportunity to be successful in their study. In my view, sexual category of students conceivably influences insignificant effect to reach good grade. Many experts and scientists in Indonesia, my country, are women who own roles as essential as men.

Secondly, according to current researches, involving gender in the education system might possibly causes an inflexibility that eventually alters quality of education. When universities implement the concept of equivalent gender, it makes them rigid. For example, an engineering faculty opens new students recruitment. The most imperative factor to reach good grade is how and what the college teach students, not what a numbers male and female are joining in class.

However, some people convincingly argue that equalizing the number of male and female is useful to balance them proportionally in certain subjects. Nursery major, one of the most favorite subject, is dominated by female, whereas pupils who study machine engineering are dominated by male. Rarely do female students learn engineering which is considered as much energy-demanding field. Thus, by implementing the concept, it feasibly succeeds to exert the same number of graduation between female and male.

To sum up, universities should not execute the gender-connecting notion in their education system due to its inconsequential effect.