Write a letter to the train company.In your letter1. explain what caused the delay in the journey2. tell them what happened because of the delay3. ask them for a refund

Write a letter to the train company.
In your letter
1. explain what caused the delay in the journey
2. tell them what happened because of the delay
3. ask them for a refund

Dear Sir or Madam,

I travelled in Rajdhani Express on Sep 30, 2014 which ran 6 hours late. The delay was caused by malfunctioning tracks which had to be replaced before this train could resume its journey. This delay could have been easily averted had the railway officials been alert and quick in executing the job at hand.

I was travelling to Delhi from Bangalore to give an entrance exam for Masters in Technology. Due to this delay, I inadvertantly missed this important appointment and will have to wait for one academic year to pass by before I can appear for the exam again.

This has caused me an immense loss in terms of time and money. I am writing this letter to ask for a refund of the expenses incurred by me which include my journey from Bangalore to Delhi, my accomodation there and the return fare as well. Please oblige.

Your's sincerely,
Pallavi

Sentence: Due to this delay, I inadvertantly missed this important appointment and will have to wait for one academic year to pass by before I can appear for the exam again.
Error: inadvertantly Suggestion: inadvertently

Sentence: I am writing this letter to ask for a refund of the expenses incurred by me which include my journey from Bangalore to Delhi, my accomodation there and the return fare as well.
Error: accomodation Suggestion: accommodation