5 The chart below shows the value of one country s exports in various categories during 2015 and 2016 The table shows the percentage change in each category of exports in 2016 compared with 2015 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the mai

5. The chart below shows the value of one country's exports in various categories during 2015 and 2016. The table shows the percentage change in each category of exports in 2016 compared with 2015.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

The bar chart gives information about one country’s export earnings in five categories from 2015 to 2016, and the table demonstrates the difference in the percentage between the two-year period in the five items.

Looking at the bar chart, petroleum products, with about 60 million dollars in 2015 and 62 million dollars in 2016, ranked the top export earning products in this country in these years, whilst engineered goods and gems and jewellery followed as second and third, changing from 58 to 61 million dollars and 43 to 41 million dollars respectively.

In the table chart, a similar pattern can be noticed among the categories except that of gems and jewellery from 2015 to 2016, with a drop of 5.18%. At the same period, textiles witnessed the most significant increment of export earnings (15.24%), whilst the total earnings made from engineered goods, petroleum products and agricultural products rose by 8.5%, 3% and 0.81% separately.